Step 3 before internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorlarry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Have questions regarding step 3 before beginning internship. First, are there any simulated CCS cases with the Primum program aside from the Step 3 CD? They only provide 5 cases. How do I know if I am managing my patients efficiently (simulated time frame)?

Do you have to take day 1 and day 2 consecutively? I am okay with the multiple choice but not sure with CCS since there is a lack of experience (haven't done internship).

Anyone out there who took step 3 early please let me know what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Blueprints CCS is a good book to prep for the CCS part.

Members don't see this ad :)
doctorlarry said:
How do I know if I am managing my patients efficiently (simulated time frame)?

You don't. If you want, USMLEWORLD has 60-80 cases CCS. This portion is really not that bad. I took it in march, the CCS cases, you do know what the Dx is, and its simple. You just have to know how to type in orders. The multiple choice i didn't think were hard but my score showed that some of the peds questions might have been tricky.

I do agree that if you don't really need a high score, its nice to get it over.

Meat Cookie said:
Days 1 and 2 can be non-consecutive...if you scheduled day 1 on a Sat then day 2 is Mon.

I recall reading somewhere on the USMLE Step 3 website that it must be 2 consecutive days. I don't think you can schedule to take the 1st day of Step 3 on a Saturday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CANES2006 said:
I recall reading somewhere on the USMLE Step 3 website that it must be 2 consecutive days. I don't think you can schedule to take the 1st day of Step 3 on a Saturday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The 1st day of step3 can be on a saturday.

CANES2006 said:

I am currently scheduled to take it on Sat and Mon.

Anyone know how long it takes from date of the exam until the results come back?