Step III Step 3 before internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doctorlarry

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

Have questions regarding step 3 before beginning internship. First, are there any simulated CCS cases with the Primum program aside from the Step 3 CD? They only provide 5 cases. How do I know if I am managing my patients efficiently (simulated time frame)?

Do you have to take day 1 and day 2 consecutively? I am okay with the multiple choice but not sure with CCS since there is a lack of experience (haven't done internship).

Anyone out there who took step 3 early please let me know what to expect. Thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctorlarry said:
How do I know if I am managing my patients efficiently (simulated time frame)?

You don't. If you want, USMLEWORLD has 60-80 cases CCS. This portion is really not that bad. I took it in march, the CCS cases, you do know what the Dx is, and its simple. You just have to know how to type in orders. The multiple choice i didn't think were hard but my score showed that some of the peds questions might have been tricky.

I do agree that if you don't really need a high score, its nice to get it over.
 
Meat Cookie said:
Days 1 and 2 can be non-consecutive...if you scheduled day 1 on a Sat then day 2 is Mon.

I recall reading somewhere on the USMLE Step 3 website that it must be 2 consecutive days. I don't think you can schedule to take the 1st day of Step 3 on a Saturday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
 
CANES2006 said:
I recall reading somewhere on the USMLE Step 3 website that it must be 2 consecutive days. I don't think you can schedule to take the 1st day of Step 3 on a Saturday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The 1st day of step3 can be on a saturday.
 
CANES2006 said:
I recall reading somewhere on the USMLE Step 3 website that it must be 2 consecutive days. I don't think you can schedule to take the 1st day of Step 3 on a Saturday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I am currently scheduled to take it on Sat and Mon.