step 3 - Kaplan Qbank

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by all41, Apr 30, 2004.

1. all41

all41 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

What do you think about Kaplan Qbank questions in comparison to the actual test's questions?
    It seems to me that the Qbank is pretty difficult (as opposed to the step 1 & 2 tests). Do you also feel that way, or is it a poor prognostic factor for my step 3?

2. IndyXRT

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I didn't use the Kaplan Qbank, but I was able to pass step 3 by skimming Crush Step 3 over a couple of days. If you've completed most of an intern year (that's my current level of training), I think you can pass without a great deal of effort. Just wanted to pass along a word of encouragement. Best of luck!

P.S. For a free comparison, the questions that USMLE posts on their website for practice are only slightly easier than the actual test (and the case based simulations are very similar in difficulty). Hope this helps.

3. MD3s

MD3s Junior Member

your best prognostic factor for step 3 is....your score from step 2 (since the exam is comparable, except for the CCS)

Kaplan Q-Bank is good for Steps 1-2-3.
    Crush Step 3 is also very good (read it 2-3 times)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. all41

all41 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks guys!