Step 3 qbank with step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celica

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Those who have started step 3 uworld qbank, do you think it will be helpful to do step 3 qbank for preparing step 2 ck...i can spare about 15 days for step 3 qbank depending on your suggestions...
Do u guys think it will help boost my score ?

If i do it this way it will make my step 3 prep way easier and i can kill ck...any opinions?
THANK YOU

Members don't see this ad.

no. they are different tests. stop being a super gunner. read MTB for ck and do uworld 2x

I thought since many people read MTB 2 & 3 the questions could have some similarities, and would be helpful for ck as well, would make the prep for step 3 easier too...

but thanks a lot for the input

If you like rage, then attempt the UWorld Step 3 qbank

While there are overlapping questions, there are also a ton of headscratchers in there (however, after careful review, it seems this is the difference between Step 3 and 2..)

But in retrospect, those kind of questions were not on the REAL Step 2CK at all

(Step2 CK is more about diagnosis, workup, treatment
Step 3 has this but also has more long term follow up, complications, rare associations, longitudinal care, etc..)

So bottom line, no need

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you! i think its better for me to just stick to other ck qbanks rather than doing step 3

I'm going through UW3 now for actual Step 3, and no, this would not have been good for 2ck prep. Step 3 is a lot about nitpicky management, such as where/whom to refer to, how long to keep someone in hospital vs discharge, how long to wait before follow-ups, IV vs oral drugs, etc. It's all important information, but no, it's beyond the scope of 2CK.

Hello,

Those who have started step 3 uworld qbank, do you think it will be helpful to do step 3 qbank for preparing step 2 ck...i can spare about 15 days for step 3 qbank depending on your suggestions...
Do u guys think it will help boost my score ?

If i do it this way it will make my step 3 prep way easier and i can kill ck...any opinions?
THANK YOU

-I had this same question when studying for step 2.
-I ended up using step 3 UWORLD for step 2. It wasn't really that helpful but it did help because with stamina because question-stems are much longer. There are also some issues related to residency/practicing physicians that are not related to step 2.

-I can definitely say that it didn't necessarily help answer any questions on my actual step 2 CK knowledge - perhaps doing the step 3 bank helped in some way with stamina and seeing new questions - if I could do it over again would probably skip it.

-a more useful way of spending your time is to do the NBMEs which are themselves a question bank - just type up the questions or copy/paste questions in a powerpoint - NBMEs combined with UWORLD and other reading material you have are more than enough for any average/decent med student

-but it really depends on how much time you have - if you have a year with no rotations, etc. go nuts why not include the IM/FM UWORLD banks as well as the kaplan banks.

Last edited: