Step III Step 3 scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Toomanyoptions

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! 🙂

Really confused about step 3 and H1B visa!
I am an IMG hoping to do the Step 3 before applying to the match september 2015 to increase my chances of interviews and H1B visa(not really interested in J1)

Original plan:
Step 1 : Already done (february)
Step 2CS: Planned around 1.june
Step 2CK: late june

But then I've read the Step 2CK score will be out most likely 12th - 26th of August.
Then certificate takes 10 business days, then FSMB processing etc.

1. So even if I could be ready to do the Step 3 in late July/August I probably can't do it until sept/oct right?

2. Is the only option(even if I would hate to do it this way) to do the Step 2CS before 23rd of May to have results ready for June 24-July 8th, do the 2CK in june and hope to do the Step 3 in July/August?

3. Or how much worse are chances for H1B visa without having taken the step 3 before applications are sent out in sept but before interviews starts?

Thx so much for reading this/answering! Happy studying 🙂
 
Last edited: