Step 3 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rony

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the test on 05/04, 05/05 and according to the website the score report date was 05/24/06 but I haven't received anything in the mail yet. Is there any way I can find out my score using any other means? I can't call my school unlike the first two steps since Step 3 arent' reported.

Members don't see this ad.

Rony said:
I took the test on 05/04, 05/05 and according to the website the score report date was 05/24/06 but I haven't received anything in the mail yet. Is there any way I can find out my score using any other means? I can't call my school unlike the first two steps since Step 3 arent' reported.

Hi there,
If you checked the little box on your Step III application, your scores will be reported to your medical school. Mine were sent to my medical school and were reported to them before they were reported to me.

njbmd :)

Rony said:

They are actually reported to the school you graduated from for "statistical tracking purposes" unless you specifically opted out of it.

neutropenic said:
They are actually reported to the school you graduated from for "statistical tracking purposes" unless you specifically opted out of it.

That's weird! Are they sent to our residency programs as well?

njbmd said:
Hi there,
If you checked the little box on your Step III application, your scores will be reported to your medical school. Mine were sent to my medical school and were reported to them before they were reported to me.

njbmd :)

Wait, I thought you can't even take step 3 until AFTER medical school. Are you guys graduating and taking step 3??

Also do you know how Step 3 is scored; is it like the same numerical system as Step 1 and 2 (with 215-220 approximating the mean)

thanks