Step 3 tomorrow. Need help with CCS with order input

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nylesor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you do a batch of orders for the css? When I am using the practice software, it will only let me enter 1 order at a time since pressing enter won't advance to the next line. When I did the USMLEWORLD practice cases, pressing enter was all it took. Any quick assistance would be appreciated as I would like to not have to enter all orders individually. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, good question. I'm only using UW so far. The CCS software is driving me bonkers. The time advancement seems to be glitching, or they're not-so-subtly trying to give me hints.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried the practice software last night, and it lets me hit enter and free text in multiple orders. If you can't, try a comma in between?

I tried the practice software last night, and it lets me hit enter and free text in multiple orders. If you can't, try a comma in between?

What he said from what I can remember. It was virtually identical to the USMLEWorld software. I don't remember there being any major discrepancies between the actual practice simulation software of USMLEW. Just get used to the software and familiarize yourself with it. The CCS (unfortunately for those unfamiliar, fortunately for those familiar) comprises a significant portion of your final score. The CCS cases are easy. Virtually all of mine were from the FA book CCS section. They aren't going to throw you any curve balls on those, you can just screw up if you don't remember that you can't do certain things in the outpatient settings, transfer the pt to the right places, order the right tests, etc.. Step 3 was just a glorified step 2, and the 2nd day is much easier than the first. The CCS portion was easy, I thought, compared to the rest of the exam.

By now though, you've already taken it, so hopefully it went well.