Step 3 -UWSA1 and 2 correlation with real exam!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benignoma

Reaction score
Hi Guys, can any one give insight how UWSA 1 and UWSA 2 correlate with real score? I scored 182 in UWSA1 of step 3.

Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have the same question I scored 201 in USWA 1 with 44th percentile, I took NBME 5 and got 230 I know that's below the mean which is 500.
I don't know which one I should relay, which one is more accurate, I am planning to take UWSA2 and NBME 4 to give me more idea.

I have the same question I scored 201 in USWA 1 with 44th percentile, I took NBME 5 and got 230 I know that's below the mean which is 500.
I don't know which one I should relay, which one is more accurate, I am planning to take UWSA2 and NBME 4 to give me more idea.
What do you mean by "below the mean"? When you say you scored a 230 on NBME 5 is it your raw score that needs to be converted to real three digit or a real score? I know previously they had conversion tables but not anymore so not sure that 230 is your real three score or needs to undergo some sort of conversion.

What do you mean by "below the mean"? When you say you scored a 230 on NBME 5 is it your raw score that needs to be converted to real three-digit or a real score? I know previously they had conversion tables but not any more so not sure that 230 is your real three scores or needs to undergo some sort of conversion.
Yes that's what I mean 230 in NBME 5 not converted to 3 digit score and considered low score compared to my score in USWA. So now I am not sure which one is more accurate to asses me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes that's what I mean 230 in NBME 5 not converted to 3 digit score and considered low score compared to my score in USWA. So now I am not sure which one is more accurate to asses me.
Thats so weird, confusing and disheartening to say the least. I mean how can one know if ready to actually take the real test. So your 230 NBME 5 could translate to 198 (passing) or even less. Either you are ready or totally down the dumps. They gotta have some sort of comparison. Mean of 500 means? Also there is no CCS which is about 20 - 30%, I think.

About 2.5 weeks apart. I completed about 80% of Uworld in tutor mode, listened to online meded on my way to work, practiced ccs cases the 3 days before day 2. My intern year was pretty busy so I could only study about an hour per day on weekdays and 4 hours on Saturdays.

About 2.5 weeks apart. I completed about 80% of Uworld in tutor mode, listened to online meded on my way to work, practiced ccs cases the 3 days before day 2. My intern year was pretty busy so I could only study about an hour per day on weekdays and 4 hours on Saturdays.

Thank you.

USWA1 210 2 weeks out.
239 real deal.

Biostats was huge on day1, i spent 80% of my energy making sure i could do that in my sleep, same with drug ads from uworld.
probably the remaining 20% was CSS and step 1 pharm/micro/and the rapid review stuff at the back of first aid step 1

CSS felt terrible for me, only 4 cases finished early, the rest didn't, most i had no idea what to do. I honestly believe the archer CSS main video helped me tremendelously, because there must be a **** ton of points on CSS for being safe and doing the right thing irrespective of whether you "finish the case"

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What about the NBME forms 4 and 5, how it correlates to step 3, and how it accurate compared to UWSA forms?

What about the NBME forms 4 and 5, how it correlates to step 3, and how it accurate compared to UWSA forms?
Don't bother with NBME, for step 3. if you can pass UWSA1, you can pass the multichoice part. Then just focus on CSS.

Hi Guys, I just took UWSA 2 and got 204 and 2 months ago I took UWSA 1 got 201, my Exam is in mid-august, I need to know should I score 15 points more than passing score to take the real exam for step 3? or it is different than 2 CK and step 1?

UWSA 1: 235, 4 days before the test
NBME 5: 570, 7 days before
Uworld average: 68%
Step 3 score: 243

3 weeks of dedicated time using Uworld Q-Bank, Uworld CCS and Uworld Biostatistics.

UWSA 1- 201 2.5 weeks before the exam
UWSA 2- 231 1 week before the exam
Uworld average 1st pass: 66%
STEP 3 SCORE- 245

Reactions: 3 users
Hi Guys, can any one give insight how UWSA 1 and UWSA 2 correlate with real score? I scored 182 in UWSA1 of step 3.

Thanks..

It's all over the place from what I see across FB USMLE Prep groups, Reddit, SDN.

1.) There are those who kill it with 230+ saying they scored 18X-20X on practice tests. (me)
2.) There are those who predict accurate results.
3.) There are tons of people talking about how they were supposed to get 23X-25X and ended up with 215 or failed and don't know what to do.

If someone can find a formal study that doesn't include self-reported data that'd be great but that doesn't exist. It's very frustrating because for Step 1/2 a lot of people seem to care about it and figure these things out but for Step 3 I don't think people care enough to come together for a consensus on this as most are passing anyways.

Scored 184 on UWSA 1 after finishing all of uworld. Exam in a month and im kinda tired. Dont know what to expect :S

Scored 184 on UWSA 1 after finishing all of uworld. Exam in a month and im kinda tired. Dont know what to expect :S
I've seen so many outcomes on this. I scored in the 200s on one practice exam and scored 30 points higher on the real thing. I have seen posts of people scoring higher on practice exams and then dropping significantly on the real deal. What I haven't seen a lot of humorously is people saying their UWSAs predicted their old scores.

I think UWSA doesn't accurately predict anymore. All the masses posting from 2008-2014 in the UWSA vs. Score thread seem outdated.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME , HOW UWSA SCORE PREDICTS REAL STEP 3 SCORE. I TOOK UWSA 1 SCORED 207 AND UWSA 2 SCORED 213 .....I HAVE MY EXAM IN 1 WEEK. I AM NERVOUS AS HELL. DO YOU THINK THIS SCORE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO SIT IN EXAM OR SUD I JUST WAIT?
PLEASE ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

hey thanks for replying back.
can you please tell me how to practice ccs?
I only practiced the USMLE official examples, I think it’s like 12 cases or something and a few cases from UWorld, all of my CCS cases studying was in the course of 2 afternoons

UW average- 55% correct (not completed)
Free 137: 74% (3 days before day 1)
UWSA 2: 207 (2 days before day 2)
CCS: 31 cases done 2 days before day 2- 73%
Real score- 223 (Exam in early April 2023)
Found second day MCQs very tough. Bye bye USMLE

Just wanted to follow-up with you, on the same boat with UWSAs, did you pass and did you do in two 2 remaining days? Thanks