Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skittlesUofM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I know there is a separate forum for this topic but I wanted to get your perspective as I will be a CA-1 next year and I would like to get it out of the way before that begins.

--Will my step 3 score carry any weight when it comes time to apply for fellowship?

--Also if anyone used USMLEWorld for step 3 and bought the CCS cases could they comment on them, as well as how the MCQs compared to the actual exam?

--3-4 weeks of 2hrs a night good enough to pass?

Thanks for your time, any input would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

One program I applied to asked for my Step 1, 2 and 3 scores. The rest didn't care. I think the most important thing is to get it out of the way.

I have CA-3 classmates who haven't done it yet who are under the wire, because you need it done to get registered for boards. Intern year or CA-1 (which ever gives time to do it) is the best time. I know folks who have to use vacation time to take it. My intern program let me take time off for it without using vacation.

As far as studying I just used the same book as I did for step 2 (boards and wards). Plus I went through the CD that covers the "simulations" on the test, just so I knew how they worked. That was spring 2006, hopefully things haven't changed that much now.