Step I Study Plan - Break it down....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have done this before....what do you think? My test is on June 13th and I finish this Friday (May 11th).

Sources
1. Kaplan Books (2 organ based, 2 discipline based)

2. First Aid - I plan on annotating First Aid as I go through the Kaplan books.

3. Q-Bank

4. BRS Physiology - Substitute for Kaplan physiology

5. Rapid Review Pathology - Substitue for Kaplan pathology

6. Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple - Substitute for Kaplan microbiology.

What do you think about the sources I plan on using. How exactly did you do everything? What should I avoid? What would you have done differently? Any good sources that I should be using instead of these?

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have done this before....what do you think? My test is on June 13th and I finish this Friday (May 11th).

Sources

3. Q-Bank

What do you think about the sources I plan on using. How exactly did you do everything? What should I avoid? What would you have done differently? Any good sources that I should be using instead of these?

TIA

looks like you're set. consider adding usmleworld if you've got the ballz

Sources

3. Q-Bank

TIA

Looks great, I'm not sure about the Kaplan books though unless you're a fast reader. Ignore the USMLEworld comment, Qbank will be more than enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have the same books picked out for my step 1 studies. and i also have the same amout of time that the initial poster has to study for the exam. my only concern is that i'll run out of time reading all that and doing qbank. i would like to get through first aids at least 2 times before the test. any suggestions on how much to read each day and how many questions to do each day? thanks.