Step II CS, or COMLEX Step II PE Deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corpsmanUP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is truly any sort of deadline for results on the PE exam if you are a DO applying through ERAS? I thought I read somewhere in the application process that we would be withdrawn from the match if the Step II CS result was not in ERAS before the NRMP deadline. I know it sounds strange, but I am taking both PE exams (USMLE and COMLEX) because in my state you can gain licensure through taking either of the steps in completion (3 of any). I don't want to have to take COMLEX III because I don't want to study OMM, and thus the reason for USMLE II CS for me. My school has not officially made it a requirement for COMLEX II PE so I might actually get away without ever having to take it. But I can't seem to find any reference to being withdrawn from the match for not passing the step II PE/CS by match day. I did find a reference to FMG's having to pass it prior to match day. Anyone have any real good scoop on this?

Members don't see this ad.

well i suspect that since we are DO the the NRMP will expect us to take and pass our CS exam.im not even going to bother taking the usmle CS. that rule i would think should only apply to our MD brothers and the IMGs who have to take the usmle.

why take the usmle CS when your comlex will get you your license in all 50 states?