step II-first aid and qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utlonghorn50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success just using these two sources

Members don't see this ad.

i used just qbank and secrets(or crush the boards, same author) only and did pretty well. FA for step 2 is okay, not as good as for step 1 IMHO. just my 2 cents. good luck.

i really only used usmleworld qbank and first aid step 2. don't know how i did, but will let you know. the test seemed ok, though, and i had far fewer questions that i had no idea on...i also used boards and wards as a review, read it throughout the clinicals. lost it a few weeks before the exam, so i switched to FA for my real step 2 studying. i would say it is a decent source, far far better than crush step 2, which was very superficial.

I agree with above. I used mainly FA + qbank (supplemented just a touch with B&W - which is a nifty little supplement) and did well (245). My sister also lent me her crush & her prescription but i glanced through both and found them way too superficial. FA is better, more complete and more detailed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't want to start another thread, but should I buy both Crush the boards and step 2 secrets by brochert or just one or the other?
Also planning on using kaplan Qbank
Let me know your thoughts
:) I have til 2/28 to schedule two deadly events :D

Benzo: i looked at them both and they have the SAME information; secrets is in question format while crush is outlined, so select on which style you prefer--definately don't need to buy both. i must say i respectfully disagree with those who think these books are to "superficial"--they are review texts and VERY high yield IMHO...sure they don't have all the details, but i felt well prepared using them. Good luck!