Step II score much higher, does this help?

Started by SquidDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SquidDoc

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just wondering if despite my lower step 1 score if I might be able to match into a decent program somewhere. I am a DO student from CA, and I am trying to make sure that I apply to many places that are more likely to accept me.

USMLE Step 1: 215
USMLE Step 2: 246

COMLEX 1: 646
COMLEX 2: score pending

Any thoughts? Sorry if people are sick of seeing posts of this nature. Thanks for your help!
 
the only way to find out is to apply, so put in your application, apply broadly, and go from there. Yes, your step 1 and even your DO status might put you at a disadvantage, but there are around 1000 spots, so get your ERAS on right away.