Step III and Qbank scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drlard

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is always a favorite question of us unsecure MDs and med-students. What do you think is a safe % to be scoring on Qbank to be confident that I will pass Step III. I have compeleted 50% of the questions and my average is only 75%. Thanks a lot and good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

drlard said:
I know this is always a favorite question of us unsecure MDs and med-students. What do you think is a safe % to be scoring on Qbank to be confident that I will pass Step III. I have compeleted 50% of the questions and my average is only 75%. Thanks a lot and good luck to all.

i'm interested in others' responses as well....help?!

SLUsagar said:
i'm interested in others' responses as well....help?!
When I took step 2 I had the very same question. At that time they (kaplan) stated that for step 2 65-75% would pass in the real world. However, since that time the Step tests have changed (step 2 has; but not sure about 3 ). I'm sure sure this has been discussed here before but in short - they have become more clinically oriented and the tests questions have become "smarter" (getting harder in difficulty with each correct answer). In fact, there a distinction made on the ERAS application between the old step 2 version versus new. Since I have not seen this distinction for Step 3 I don't think that major changes have occurred there (yet)- so I would surmise 70-75 would be at least a pass in Step3. Good luck.