Robert Love

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Right now, I'm about to graduate med school but won't match until 2009 so I'm deciding if I should take it before then. Trying to weigh the options here are the pros and cons.

Pros: 1) I would get it over before residency 2) My application for residency is mediocre anyways and if I manage to score better on it than the others maybe it will help me a little.

Cons: 1) I didn't score very high on the others and the last thing I want to do is take it and fail it before I apply. 2) I'm concerned not having done residency yet will affect me on the CCS part. Maybe someone who has taken it can tell me about it.

If I pour serious money into study materials for this I want to make sure that I pass it. Then again I will have way more time to study for it now than in residency. Opinions anyone?:confused:

carrigallen

16th centry dutch painter
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
It depends. If you are going to be busy with prelim year, I would probably focus on more important things. If you are just going to be sitting around doing nothing, I would say yes definitely take it.

It looks good if you pass it - that way, the residency program won't have to worry about you failing.

Just remember you can't really take it until July or August.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=488821

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.