EastCoastEMApplicant17

2+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to help with.

I'm a PGY1 EM who has completed 20% of UWorld and not done CCS case preparation yet. I have taken two weeks off to study (no prep beforehand) and ended up getting a flu like febrile illness that kept me a bit bedbound for a few days. I'm on the mend.

I just took the UWSA and got a 188. I clearly have a lot to learn about outpatient management of many pathologies. It should be noted this is not an anomaly for me - I barely passed STEP II.

I was wondering if someone might be able to recommend whether, with just 6 days of studying (all day, vacation) it seems to be a risk to take STEP III at this point, and better to delay (I have a 9-5 rotation starting next week, and am allowed 3 'academic days' this year excused, for which I would take two to take the test if needed). Or if 6 days of all day studying is reasonable to increase score and get through CCS preparation to pass.

Unty

15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
I hope you didn't take your exam kinda risky since you haven't seemed to prepare for ccs yet and that you barely passed Step 2.

I would postpone and practice ccs as much as possible.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.