USMLE STEP III UWSA 188 - Test in 6 days. Postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastCoastEMApplicant17

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
50
Reaction score
66

Members don't see this ad.
Thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to help with.

I'm a PGY1 EM who has completed 20% of UWorld and not done CCS case preparation yet. I have taken two weeks off to study (no prep beforehand) and ended up getting a flu like febrile illness that kept me a bit bedbound for a few days. I'm on the mend.

I just took the UWSA and got a 188. I clearly have a lot to learn about outpatient management of many pathologies. It should be noted this is not an anomaly for me - I barely passed STEP II.

I was wondering if someone might be able to recommend whether, with just 6 days of studying (all day, vacation) it seems to be a risk to take STEP III at this point, and better to delay (I have a 9-5 rotation starting next week, and am allowed 3 'academic days' this year excused, for which I would take two to take the test if needed). Or if 6 days of all day studying is reasonable to increase score and get through CCS preparation to pass.
 

Unty

New Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
552
Reaction score
238
I hope you didn't take your exam kinda risky since you haven't seemed to prepare for ccs yet and that you barely passed Step 2.

I would postpone and practice ccs as much as possible.
 

cruCiATE

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2014
Messages
59
Reaction score
17
Got 210 before 4 weeks out, score 224 on real test, did above borderline in ccs portion.
 
Top