Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

step two scores.

Discussion in 'Radiation Oncology' started by CNphair, Mar 15, 2007.

1. CNphair

CNphair Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

2. stephew

stephew SDN Super Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

i didnt know that was possible.

3. wagy27

wagy27 SDN Mentor
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Honestly I dont know how I did so well but it worked 2 fold, it really seemed to help getting interviews since I posted it early and I got a job working for Kaplan too

4. SimulD

SimulD Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I want to call b.s. on your score, but I think I may even believe you, judging by the rest of the post. Has anyone else heard of a score that high? I've heard of 270s, but geez louise!

-S

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dave Evans

2+ Year Member

My parents asked what the Steps were out of, i.e., what the maximum was and I was like "I don't know." They thought it was so odd that I was taking a test that I didn't know what the maximum was. This just goes to show you that we still don't know what the maximum is!

6. Roche

Roche New Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think the max is 300. 350 questions, but 50 don't count. 280 is still the highest I've seen. Congrats.

7. Dishevelled Doc

2+ Year Member

I actually think there is technically no max on the boards (or if there is, it's ridiculously high). I've been told that board scores are based on the national mean and standard deviations, with your absolute score (number of question right/300) being converted into a released value based on its relationship to the national mean - the goal being a mean national score of 216 with an SD of 24. So technically, if a given year has a more difficult exam (with a lower average absolute score) then the maximum released score goes up. That crazy 280 is probably a reflection of a great score on a tougher exam - nice work!

8. stephew

stephew SDN Super Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

there has to eb a max. i thnk 300 is right. I dont think they set the mean.

9. Soze

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Mad props to that rediculous application. Now I don't feel so bad about not matching to Beaumont! :laugh: