step2ck 2weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iron123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

what's your advice for step 2ck? i have 2 weeks to study, am a slow reader, and have the following resources: usmleworld, secrets, boards and wards, FA 2ck, and mksap. i'd like to do well on this test (>230) and tend to be average. do you suggest i try to finish all resources or it's smarter to do certain ones? i would appreciate your honest advice. thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You'd be spread way too thin to try all of that. Secrets and UW are your best bets. As many UW questions as you can. They take longer than you expect to read the explanations for each one.

Especially if you're a slow reader, I suggest minimizing the reading (one review book of your choice) and doing every UW question. This should not be difficult in 2 weeks. It is not necessary to read every answer explanation. Let common sense guide which parts of which explanations you choose to read.

Even if you had time left over, you'd likely be better off repeating missed UW questions (or getting more questions such as QBook or the NMS Step II question book) than reading a second review book.

Especially if you're a slow reader, I suggest minimizing the reading (one review book of your choice) and doing every UW question. This should not be difficult in 2 weeks. It is not necessary to read every answer explanation. Let common sense guide which parts of which explanations you choose to read.

Even if you had time left over, you'd likely be better off repeating missed UW questions (or getting more questions such as QBook or the NMS Step II question book) than reading a second review book.

jeebus is totally right. pick one review book (ie FA, Crush, etc) and do as much usmle world as possible to supplement it and work on timing. thats it. good luck!