1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Sterling MCAT Practice Tests

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by aich, 05.19.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. aich

aich 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone have any experience with using any of their products?

They sell one book with four practice physical and biological tests and another with eight. Are the four part of the eight?

They have really good reviews on Amazon but I haven't seen anyone really mention them here. How would they compare to the ones people usually talk about?

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Physical-Biological-Sciences-Practice-Questions/dp/0989292517

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Blown Away

Blown Away 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    A lot of those positive reviews appear to be fake...

4. moop

moop 1K Member Banned Account on Hold

MDApps:
    Never trust this crap

5. havocgene

havocgene

Yea those reviews are pretty fake...they want you to write a review for them because when you buy the book on amazon it tells you they have CBT's of the same exams from the book that you can get only if you write the review.

But I am using the book and it is pretty good for high yield test topics. I just took one physics and a bio section and they are pretty challenging and they ask obscure discrete questions but...the passages are def good practice

6. SunnyJane

SunnyJane

Pre-Medical
    I bought this exact book back in February and I thought it was pretty good. I didn't bother with the review on Amazon and just went ahead and paid for the online format at a reduced price available to book buyers. I think I extracted a lot of value out of the book. I can't really make a comparison with other books out there as I don't own many. I do have a couple of Exam Krackers books though, which I have mixed feelings about.

I actually came here because I want to get more info about other prep books I should be using before the test day. I am looking at some Kaplan stuff but kind off confused about which books to buy.

As for the reviews on Amazon, they all seem to be given by verified buyers. Yes, they do offer a program where they would give you online access for free if you leave the review, but they are not asking for only positive reviews. My assumption is that those reviewers had to like the book somewhat, otherwise why would they even want the online part if they didn't like it?

7. SN2ed

SN2ed Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would strongly recommend you use up the proven material, especially the AAMC material, before going to unknown companies.

About the ads