Sternberg-new vs old

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPR22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive seen the old sternberg online for really cheap, but is it still current enough to be any use?
Has anyone heard anything about the newer edition?

Members don't see this ad.

It's pretty current. Last edition was in 2004 I think. New edition is coming out very soon, maybe early 2009? Depends on how long you are using for and for what purpose. As it is only 4 years old, it is still more up to date than many current editions of other textbooks (like Rosai).

It's pretty current. Last edition was in 2004 I think. New edition is coming out very soon, maybe early 2009? Depends on how long you are using for and for what purpose. As it is only 4 years old, it is still more up to date than many current editions of other textbooks (like Rosai).

Rosai is also from 2004... so no dice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard March as the tentative ETA for the new Sternberg.

August! That's too late to be burning the last of my book fund money on. And the Foundations bone and soft tissue book isn't out till September. Now I'll really have to think about what to get.

It kind of looks like the Fenoglio GI book. I liked the bright blue, no image cover - it was pretty distinctive.

while we are discussing books, I was wondering about the "histology for pathologist" books, there are two books with the same title, one is by Sternberg, does anybody know which one is better?