Still Alive, But Does it Matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weeble

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm wondering, it seems like there's boatloads of us who haven't heard squat from many schools (heard from school X thread). At some schools where they reject people fast and furious, (for example, Stanford) no news seems like good news. On the other hand, some schools seem to hang on to many applicants and reject them in large batches towards the end of the cycle (like Yale or Columbia). So I'm wondering which are which. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I guess most east coast/midwest "ivies" like the idea of torture and would wait to mail rejections until you already know it without them telling you. On the other hand, California "ivies" cut the BS and just tell you right upfront that you aren't worth their time. I prefer the Stanford method--"quick and painless death"--why drag it out? I sent them a secondary in November and they haven't rejected me yet, so I guess its good news.

I think Emory prefers the slow-death method. Correct me if I am wrong people.

you are absolutely correct. correct me if i'm wrong people. (i made a funny~~"splinter" TeenageMNT I)