SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Still Alive, But Does it Matter?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Weeble, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 2, 2001
    CA
    So I'm wondering, it seems like there's boatloads of us who haven't heard squat from many schools (heard from school X thread). At some schools where they reject people fast and furious, (for example, Stanford) no news seems like good news. On the other hand, some schools seem to hang on to many applicants and reject them in large batches towards the end of the cycle (like Yale or Columbia). So I'm wondering which are which. Any ideas?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    I guess most east coast/midwest "ivies" like the idea of torture and would wait to mail rejections until you already know it without them telling you. On the other hand, California "ivies" cut the BS and just tell you right upfront that you aren't worth their time. I prefer the Stanford method--"quick and painless death"--why drag it out? I sent them a secondary in November and they haven't rejected me yet, so I guess its good news.

4. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper 7+ Year Member

Sep 27, 2001
    I think Emory prefers the slow-death method. Correct me if I am wrong people.

5. you are absolutely correct. correct me if i'm wrong people. (i made a funny~~"splinter" TeenageMNT I)