Still haven't filled our position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerx

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We thought we had the position filled, but some issues arose which prevented our candidate from being able to join us. As such, we are still recruiting for a general anesthesiologist. As a matter of fact, given the fact we are moving into a new, larger OR suite and taking on more services, we are in need for two partnership track anesthesiologists.

While we would ideally like FT partnership candidates, we are open to discussing day-doc positions as well.3

Below, see the description of the partnership track position. Keep in mind, the compensation increases substantially upon becoming partner:

We are a small, stable group located in eastern North Carolina. A great central location within an hour to Raleigh and a little over an hour to the beach We have held a contract with the hospital for 17 years. We recently had a partner return to his home out in Colorado. This and expansion of our services has enabled us to open up 2 partnership track positions for a general anesthesiologist.

Regional US skills are a must. B&B ortho, general, vascular, urology, OB, neuro (mainly spine), healthy peds. No cardiac.

Call will be every 4th night after the new anesthesiologist starts. Weekend call every 5th weekend. Post call day off. Negotiable timeline to equal voting and financial partnership. WE enjoy a very low cost of living here.

Starting salary is $300k, with great benefits which increase total compensation to over $400k.

Benefits include:

- Fully paid medical insurance with HSA paid to cover entire deductible. No cost or premium to employee and family.

- 401k matched to maximum allowed by law (total of contribution approximately $54K annually)

- Malpractice paid. 3/5mil

- 7 weeks paid leave plus 1 week education leave, which increases after becoming partner.

- $4K education stipend.

- med license, DEA, ASA etc paid by practice.

- Smartphone for physician and, if applicable, spouse/partner, with plan paid.

Feel free to PM/DM me if you're interested.

Racerx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
unless it's home call. sleeping in the hospital every 4th night is a rough lifestyle. I'd love to move back to NC though.

300k for q4 call, light as it may be seems a bit low.

Explain your retirement matching, do you contribute the max or truly match what the employee/pre-partner contributes so that if they contribute 27k you also contribute 27k?

Explain your retirement matching, do you contribute the max or truly match what the employee/pre-partner contributes so that if they contribute 27k you also contribute 27k?

Not part of the group so won’t comment on call, etc. @racerx answered lots of questions regarding his groups compensation and partnership track several months back in the private forum.

The max employee contribution in 2018 is $18.5k. To get to the overall max of 54k that you allude to, the employer would have to supplement a bit in addition to matching the employee contribution fully.

Reactions: 1 users
unless it's home call. sleeping in the hospital every 4th night is a rough lifestyle. I'd love to move back to NC though.
Home call if you live within 20 minutes of the hospital. Not hard to do in our area.

That is partnership track. After partner, you make more. Keep in mind this is a true partnership, not a "name only" partnership. Dividends of the S corp are divided equally. One year of sweat equity is not unheard of.

@Southpaw is correct. You max contribute, then we contribute a match, plus another of value equal to the other match in in the form of a PSP. Total is something above 54K this year. If over age 50, you can add a makeup amount to it as well.

Reactions: 1 user
That is partnership track. After partner, you make more. Keep in mind this is a true partnership, not a "name only" partnership. Dividends of the S corp are divided equally. One year of sweat equity is not unheard of.

@Southpaw is correct. You max contribute, then we contribute a match, plus another of value equal to the other match in in the form of a PSP. Total is something above 54K this year. If over age 50, you can add a makeup amount to it as well.
Interesting. what do the partners make?

Interesting. what do the partners make?
I'm not trying to be a ****house lawyer with the following answer, but understand there is SOME variation in case numbers and RVUs each year. It is generally insignificant, though.

So, last year, with 3 partners, my total K-1 stated I made somewhere north of $600k. I am not going to state an exact number, but total quarterly dividends exceeded my annual salary. Of course, I paid around 40% in Quarterly tax payments. Got a refund of $39k, so I need to refine the quarterly payments.

This is a very solid job overall. If I was looking, I’d be all over this. May not be in an ideal location but it’s certainly not BFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.