Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Still no interview from UVA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jalan2, Oct 18, 2002.

1. jalan2

jalan2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My app had been completed since 7/24. I know that my stats (and ECs) are well within their range, but I still haven't heard anything. I called them once about a month ago, and they said that I was still "being reviewed by the admission committee". I'm in state. Are there any of you in the same boat as me? Thanks!

2. jalan2

jalan2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

3. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Yup, when I called last month they told me the same thing!!! We are still waiting....:) But at least our wait is a little better with an MCV acceptance:clap:

4. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm in the same boat with Ohio State...can't figure it out. There must be something about me they don't like.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm not sure exactly what UVA is doing. I'm out of state and I interviewed there last week, and everyone there except one person was out of state, which I found unusual for a state school. Their interviewers are pretty cool people though.

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. caferine

caferine Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I had my interview at UVA in September, and I was the only in-state applicant of the group. They are definitely interviewing a lot of out-of-staters.

7. jalan2

jalan2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hmm... that is strange. Thanks for the info, everyone. Yes Hokiedoc, I'm definitely thankful for that [MCV] acceptance! :)

8. clittle1981

clittle1981 Member
    7+ Year Member

same boat, but my stats are below UVA's averages and I am not a URM. Unfortunately, no acceptances for me yet, but will get a decision from Albany next Monday or shortly after and waiting on other schools..