Still sweating LORs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WinterLights

Okay so I have one LOR so far in my file from my advanced rhetoric II professor but I still need two science ones. At the university I attend, the classes are large. What do you all suggest, should I just start going to office hours of my professors and then near the end of the semester ask them to write me a LOR? Also, have any of you ever went back and asked a teacher who you've had in the past to write you one after you completed their class?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I have one LOR so far in my file from my advanced rhetoric II professor but I still need two science ones. At the university I attend, the classes are large. What do you all suggest, should I just start going to office hours of my professors and then near the end of the semester ask them to write me a LOR? Also, have any of you ever went back and asked a teacher who you've had in the past to write you one after you completed their class?

I asked a professor to write me a letter more than one year after I took the course.
I never went to his office hours, and I never talked to him before. But I did manage to get A+ in his class of about 150 students. He obviously did not know me but he promised me that he would write me a great letter although I cant imagine it being that great.. but he was a very friendly and just a nice person.

I asked my organic prof after a year and he remembered me, but i went to office hours a lot. asking them right after you take the class, esp if you visit them during office hours and participate in class, is definitely ideal! good luck :luck: