Still waiting on CCOM interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diana85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been complete for over a month! i know im being really impatient but thats the school i really wanna go to. Anybody else still waiting impatiently? I have above average stats, i think i deserve an interview! haha

Members don't see this ad.

Ive been complete for over a month! i know im being really impatient but thats the school i really wanna go to. Anybody else still waiting impatiently? I have above average stats, i think i deserve an interview! haha

i'm waiting with u! although i've only been complete for 2 weeks :) i know what u mean about the stats...my gpa is 4/10 below their average but my mcat is 4 points above their average...i hope they make up for each other! :) good luck!

Same position here! I've been complete for about month and nothing. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed early...during their first batch. And I just found out on Monday that I was accepted. SO I think your chance is coming soon. I think they were probably busy wrapping up the first batch and then they will start having the next ropund soon...so you should be contacted. CCOM spreads their interviews out, with gaps of a week or so between. Good luck!:luck:

I interviewed early...during their first batch. And I just found out on Monday that I was accepted. SO I think your chance is coming soon. I think they were probably busy wrapping up the first batch and then they will start having the next ropund soon...so you should be contacted. CCOM spreads their interviews out, with gaps of a week or so between. Good luck!:luck:

congratulations!! i was wondering if you know the e-mail address of someone i could contact in admissions? i e-mailed a question to the [email protected] but no one has written be back yet. i didn't know if there was a specific person to talk to :) thanks!

How did they notify you that your application was complete? And when did you turn in your secondary? I've turned it in with everything for at least a month and havent heard from them.

How did they notify you that your application was complete? And when did you turn in your secondary? I've turned it in with everything for at least a month and havent heard from them.

There's a link on the midwesternu.edu website that says Interact Now!. You can input your application number and create an account and it will tell you the status of your application.

Don't Hesitate to Call CCOM!! They are really nice and they can send you to the "records room" and a nice girl goes and looks in your portfolio.

Don't trust Interact Now...b/c even though I have been accepted there, it still says they are waiting for some of my documents. But I have interviewed and been accepted! So call and check that u are indeed complete! Good luck!:luck:

i'm waiting too! waiting is such a pain in the tush! g'luck all! :luck:

oh hey... see now i'm just curious... I think my interview went REALLY well but they didnt have my stats infront of them... the admission committee will have them when they decide my fate... do you think it will affect their decision or are they solely going to base the decision off of my interview...???

I had my interview at CCOM today and with my credentials, I can tell you that they look at your desire to go there. So if you REALLY want to go there, write them a letter, email them and call them (in that particular order)... They can keep a record of you writing and emailing but not calling... atleast I dont think so...

I think our group was the 2nd batch cuz my friend interviewed with the first... so don't lose hope just yet... but plz be persistent esp if you know you want to attend this school (like me)...

I had my interview at CCOM today and with my credentials, I can tell you that they look at your desire to go there. So if you REALLY want to go there, write them a letter, email them and call them (in that particular order)... They can keep a record of you writing and emailing but not calling... atleast I dont think so...

I think our group was the 2nd batch cuz my friend interviewed with the first... so don't lose hope just yet... but plz be persistent esp if you know you want to attend this school (like me)...

I was there today too! Good Luck to you.

Marcia

I dont know if this helps but I sent my secondaries on 9/23 and I received my interview invite postmarked on 10/12 so about 3 weeks passed. Although you've waited a little longer than that I will say that out of 10 osteo applications, I had 7 interview invites before CCOM invited me (damn PCOM and NYCOM apparently hate me!) so they do seem to take a little longer than the average school . This may be due to the fact that they're one of the few schools with a paper only application. I wouldn't be worried yet about not getting an interview but calling is definately a good idea, just to make sure they havent accidently lost it - I dont trust the post office or the admissions department of any school! Good luck

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=6672

Members don't see this ad :)

whoever was there today (11.1) I was your most excellent tour guide.

Marcia,

PM me, I seem to have lost your email address but I was ok'd by the guy in my class we had discussed.

oh hey... see now i'm just curious... I think my interview went REALLY well but they didnt have my stats infront of them... the admission committee will have them when they decide my fate... do you think it will affect their decision or are they solely going to base the decision off of my interview...???

100$ says you are the guy that lives 7 minutes from campus.

What am I supposed to write to them ?

Dear CCOM, I love you, I can't get enough of you, please give me a chance, I"ll treat you right ....

lol no seriously what do you write to them ?

I am in the same position as some of you guys. Above average stats for CCOM, and I already interviewed at 4 of the 6 DO schools that I applied to (not CCOM or OSUCOM). Been complete since mid september. Does anyone know if there is another interview cycle coming up or what, since CCOM is my first choice

There's a link on the midwesternu.edu website that says Interact Now!. You can input your application number and create an account and it will tell you the status of your application.

I did not get a letter or email with my application number. Basically, I submitted everything over a month ago and they took my money. How did they give you your application number, email, phone, or snail mail?

I did not get a letter or email with my application number. Basically, I submitted everything over a month ago and they took my money. How did they give you your application number, email, phone, or snail mail?

I got it via snail mail. I'm at work at the moment and can't check which letter it was, but later tonight I'll look. I'm sure you could call them to get your application number as well.

Take care!

I mailed them my secondary on Monday, and I just got a confirmation thru interact now today saying that they got it November 1st.

The trick is that on your profile on interact now, you need to enter your ID number that they issued you. The id number is on the letter that they sent you in the mail telling you that you are getting their secondary by email ... hope that helps ... now the painful process of waiting for an interview begins :scared:

yes you were our most amazing tour guide and yes I do live 7 mins from campus... i just want it to go right... Touro offered me a 2ndary today and I dont want to send it if I have a shot at CCOM... why waste money and time on it...

did u get some sleep?

What am I supposed to write to them ?

Dear CCOM, I love you, I can't get enough of you, please give me a chance, I"ll treat you right ....

lol no seriously what do you write to them ?

lol PM me and i'll send u my letter... if that helps

yes you were our most amazing tour guide and yes I do live 7 mins from campus... i just want it to go right... Touro offered me a 2ndary today and I dont want to send it if I have a shot at CCOM... why waste money and time on it...

did u get some sleep?

Negative - we all went out.

I was complete on October 11th... even tho I sent in my secondary wayyy before that(they messed up with my LOR) and I have not heard a peep either.

So they interview in batches? So whenever the next batch goes out we should all hear :)

I just got a letter saying I'm on pre-interview waitlist. I didn't even know I was complete. Does anyone know hte chances of getting off this list? I would like to go to CCOM, but apparently they don't want me that much.

I just got a letter saying I'm on pre-interview waitlist. I didn't even know I was complete. Does anyone know hte chances of getting off this list? I would like to go to CCOM, but apparently they don't want me that much.

last year me and my friend were placed on that list... he got the interview and got accepted while I didn't even get an interview... so u need to write to them often and ask about your position on the list...

any news from those still waiting? i'm going into week #4 of waiting and i'm getting nervous :oops: do they let u know by e-mail/"interact now" in addition to snail mail if u get an interview? :)

i got one on friday. I was an ugust mcater so wasnt complete till late oct.

Anyone's got an interview at CCOM in the last week?

I got an interview invite in the mail last Wed... I think it was postmarked the 8th or 9th, but it's not in front of me.

I'm really excited, because I traveled to Chicago a lot as a kid. Downers-Grove seems like my kind of place. I'm glad that it's a university but that it's just a health-sciences graduate-level program with no pesky undergraduates haha... (funny bc I'm one of them).

At any rate, I am really excited about the interview. Check my mdapps if you want to know how I got the interview. Apparently, CCOM weeds about 1/3 out with interview though so an interview does not necessarily equate with an acceptance by any stretch.

Hope that helped. Best of luck!!

PS: I'm OOS.

I got an interview invite in the mail last Wed... I think it was postmarked the 8th or 9th, but it's not in front of me.

I'm really excited, because I traveled to Chicago a lot as a kid. Downers-Grove seems like my kind of place. I'm glad that it's a university but that it's just a health-sciences graduate-level program with no pesky undergraduates haha... (funny bc I'm one of them).

At any rate, I am really excited about the interview. Check my mdapps if you want to know how I got the interview. Apparently, CCOM weeds about 1/3 out with interview though so an interview does not necessarily equate with an acceptance by any stretch.

Hope that helped. Best of luck!!

PS: I'm OOS.

congrats on the interview! i'm in state and i'm still waiting :oops: in fact..i live about 30 min away from their admissions office =) i just want to know now whether i get an interview or not instead of waiting in this limbo..:) good luck on your interview!

Im still waiting!!! I cant believe i have received no response yet. I called them and they said im still "in review" its been almost 2 months. WTF?

Im still waiting!!! I cant believe i have received no response yet. I called them and they said im still "in review" its been almost 2 months. WTF?

i called the admissions office today and asked for an application status..they said that my file was reviewed in early november and no decision has been made yet. i wish they would just reject me now and get it over with :oops: are there any other ccom-hopefuls who have been in the interview-limbo this long and have gotten an interview finally?

happy thanksgiving!! :)

i called the admissions office today and asked for an application status..they said that my file was reviewed in early november and no decision has been made yet. i wish they would just reject me now and get it over with :oops: are there any other ccom-hopefuls who have been in the interview-limbo this long and have gotten an interview finally?

happy thanksgiving!! :)

I know what you mean.. I feel my app is just getting pushed lower and lower while others are being interviewed and accepted. I think i have given up on CCOM. This defeats the whole point of applying early!!:smuggrin:

Well I got rejected :laugh:

Hope you guys have better results with CCOM! It's a great school!

Still waiting to hear from them, have been completed now for almost two months.

looks like i am up for a lot of fun next year...LOL.

i'm there with you all, still no love from CCOM and been complete for over a month. but fortunately i already have two acceptances so i'm not freaking out. still, an interview invite would be nice.

i'm on the 6th week of waiting..:oops: and i've sent in more rec letters. i'm relying on some hope that if they really didn't like me they would have rejected me by now, but then again if they really wanted me i should have received an interview by now :oops: ...oh well

Have been completed for over 2 months now. Every time I email them, they reply with "Application is yet to be reviewed" bs. I have tried calling them but apparently they don't tell you the status over the phone anymore. How is it possible that kids that were completed well after me have actually been accepted, while I am yet to be reviewed? Is there any way to actually get a hold of someone from the admissions office?

Have been completed for over 2 months now. Every time I email them, they reply with "Application is yet to be reviewed" bs. I have tried calling them but apparently they don't tell you the status over the phone anymore. How is it possible that kids that were completed well after me have actually been accepted, while I am yet to be reviewed? Is there any way to actually get a hold of someone from the admissions office?

Try calling the number that they end/sign the emails with instead of the number published on the website. I think that's how I was able to get a hold of someone to talk to at the office. Good luck!

Try calling the number that they end/sign the emails with instead of the number published on the website. I think that's how I was able to get a hold of someone to talk to at the office. Good luck!

yeah i actually did call that number at the end of their e-mails. the first time i tried, a lady said that my filed was reviewed early november (i was complete 10/19) and just that no decision has been made (she used the metaphor of a plane in a holding pattern :p ). the second time i called that number it was a different woman on the phone and she said that the previous lady was not supposed to tell me that information and that i just have to wait it out b/c this is their process. she also assured me that many students are in the same boat and it doesn't mean anything bad. i hope somebody here hears something soon!

yeah i actually did call that number at the end of their e-mails. the first time i tried, a lady said that my filed was reviewed early november (i was complete 10/19) and just that no decision has been made (she used the metaphor of a plane in a holding pattern :p ). the second time i called that number it was a different woman on the phone and she said that the previous lady was not supposed to tell me that information and that i just have to wait it out b/c this is their process. she also assured me that many students are in the same boat and it doesn't mean anything bad. i hope somebody here hears something soon!

I know exactly how you feel because PCOM has given me the exact same thing. I am losing hope for an interview, but as they've told me I guess there IS still hope until April/May rolls around. At any rate, I can't wait to hear back from CCOM and I wish you the best of luck. Their presentations during hte interview day were more impressive than WVSOMs to say the least.

they are still sending out interview invites. i was complete in september.