• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

koonafa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Status
Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is the norm, but I'm still waiting to hear from about 7 places that I applied to (for Internal Medicine). I was considering emailing them and letting them know I was interested in their program, telling them I have a recently updated transcript w/ new grades, etc. Is this a good idea? And if so, do I email the PD themselves, or go through their secretary person?? Thanks a lot and any advice would be great.

mig26x

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Miami, FL
Status
Attending Physician
koonafa said:
Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is the norm, but I'm still waiting to hear from about 7 places that I applied to (for Internal Medicine). I was considering emailing them and letting them know I was interested in their program, telling them I have a recently updated transcript w/ new grades, etc. Is this a good idea? And if so, do I email the PD themselves, or go through their secretary person?? Thanks a lot and any advice would be great.
I emailed 3 IM programs that i want to hear from, like 4 days ago. No response back, i guess they are receiving alot of emails right now. I emailed the PD in all 3 emails, maybe thats the reason for no response, maybe hes to busy right now!!

cytoborg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
In a fog
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
It would have been a great idea...about a month ago. Unfortunately it is getting pretty late at this point and most interview calendars are filled. However, you have nothing to lose by contacting now, so go for it.

I did this in early November last year at four programs and promptly received enthusiastic interview invitations from two of them, one of which I ended up matching at! It never hurts to show interest and pursue a program if you are seriously interested in it. Just do it ASAP.

As for whom to contact, look at the program website the "For information about our program, contact so-and-so" bit, and contact that person - whether it's the secretary or the PD.

About the Ads