Stimulus check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VictorOfHungerGames

May the odds be ever in your favor
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is there extra $2400 in my bank account today? lol

I thought the cut off was $150k per house hold or a married couple with no children? Did anyone else get the $1200 check?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I thought the cut off was $150k per house hold or a married couple with no children? Did anyone else get the $1200 check?

Are you married? What was your AGI in 2018?

I got nothing...as expected.

Thanks for nothing Trump!
That doesn't make any sense. My wife and I together make way more than $150k. Not sure why we would get it and other don't.

I got the same. Pretty surprised. I haven’t even filed my taxes yet.

I got mine and I barely made the cut.
I only worked 7 months last year. lol

It's based on 2019 AGI.

If you haven't filed yet, it read your 2018 AGI.

If it's a mistake you will pay it back in 2020 tax time (april 15, 2021) as it read your 2019 AGI. Again, it's based on 2019 AGI. You ain't fooling no body.

If you are eligible but you haven't received it all year in 2020, you will get it at 2020 tax time. The stimulus is an advanced tax credit for 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I should be getting $1500 but haven’t received anything. I got a refund for 2018 but owed for 2019, so they should still have my direct deposit info.

I’ll check the status on Friday granted their website doesn’t crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to jump start the economy!

Initiate transfer to savings account: $2400... Complete.

Reactions: 3 users
Where is my damn money!? Why should we be excluded from this?

Members don't see this ad :)
WHERE’S MY BAILOUT? I at least want a bumper sticker saying that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oh I deposited that into your account, can you send it back to me in Wal Mart gift cards? Be careful or I’ll send the FBI and CIA To arrest you in 5 minutes.

And I’m also a Nigerian prince, forreal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Best way to spend this $2400? Just invest more in roth or stock?

Enjoy your free money make sure to thank your President.

Last edited:
  • Okay...
Enjoy your free money sure to thank your President.

Unless the money directly comes out of his bank account, you should thank the taxpayers.

Reactions: 7 users
I should be getting $1500 but haven’t received anything. I got a refund for 2018 but owed for 2019, so they should still have my direct deposit info.

I’ll check the status on Friday granted their website doesn’t crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same situation- when I logged into the IRS site today they did NOT have direct deposit info from 2018 (even though I got a return then)… If you didn't already, get in there and upload your info.

I didn't file 2019 yet. I made 107k on my 2018 soo didn't get ****.

If I got married in the middle of 2019, should I file as married or single?

You would file as married for 2019 as if you were married for the full year.

Fun fact, if you have a kid the best month (tax wise) for them to be born is December. That way you'll still get the child tax credit as if he/she were born in January.

Trump wants you to Thank Trump
Trump wants to take personal credit for the payments - Outrageous!

We shouldn’t be thanking a guy for not taking this pandemic seriously. He should have listened to his advisors in January! If we had done early testing and social distancing like other countries, we might not have to shut down the whole economy.

Reactions: 3 users
Trump wants you to Thank Trump
Trump wants to take personal credit for the payments - Outrageous!
He is a ***** and a fraud. I'm just dumbfounded by people still believing dog poop that's coming out of his mouth. To be fair, I don't think there ever was an honorable politician in human history that didn't lie to get his or her way but this dude is something else haha

Reactions: 6 users
Got $3400 yesterday morning. Obviously (outside of tax exempt monthly compensation + VR&E housing and school benefits) I have no set outside income anymore at student status plus taxable military pay was nothing to really look at. So I'm curious if the stimulus checks are random or somehow based on a specific sequence...I cant really see any sequence since those below poverty threshold are not getting the deposit any faster than anyone else.

Who should receive credit?

On the chance that this is a serious question...

Trump's proposal for COVID-19 economic relief was a payroll tax cut. Trump's payroll tax cut proposal

Congressional Democrats (and, to be fair, also some Republicans) argued that a payroll tax cut, no matter how substantial, would not benefit a large proportion of the public and would probably not even do much to save jobs. Democrats argued for guaranteed sick pay and direct relief. And a bi-partisan committee hammered out the details.

I didn't file 2019 yet. I made 107k on my 2018 soo didn't get ****.

If I got married in the middle of 2019, should I file as married or single?
married - better 99.9% of the time

for those of you saying 150k was the max for a married couple - it fazes out from 150k to 200k (I think 200k) - I got around 1500 -agi is ~170 - which is nice because gross income is 220k - but due to baby being born last year there was untaxed short term dissability that didn't count.

1200 per person is max, if you made 175k as a couple you would get 120 + 250 (half the amount) per child.

Trump still has ~45% approval rating... Go figure!

Trump still has ~45% approval rating... Go figure!
Lol you still believe in approval rating? Sure, he probably has 100% approval rating if you ask low income medicaid population who lives in trailer parks.

Hes a fraud. A con man. A bad one at that. Doesnt care about anything else except money and himself.

But then again, what politician isnt? Haha.

At least some politicians make sense and sell their lies well. He just sounds ret@rded lol

Ben Shapiro for 2024 with Andrew Yang as his VP. This would be the shortest prez/VP combo yet the bestest.

What are the chances of a bill approving a second stimulus payout being proposed and passed?

Lol you still believe in approval rating? Sure, he probably has 100% approval rating if you ask low income medicaid population who lives in trailer parks.

Hes a fraud. A con man. A bad one at that. Doesnt care about anything else except money and himself.

But then again, what politician isnt? Haha.

At least some politicians make sense and sell their lies well. He just sounds ret@rded lol

Ben Shapiro for 2024 with Andrew Yang as his VP. This would be the shortest prez/VP combo yet the bestest.
Great point. His approval rating should be in the 20...

Checks are going out to foreign nationals too, i.e., foreign exchange students whose parents can afford to send them to school in the U.S. They are literally just going off the return, no regard to citizenship/perm residency status.

Checks are going out to foreign nationals too, i.e., foreign exchange students whose parents can afford to send them to school in the U.S. They are literally just going off the return, no regard to citizenship/perm residency status.

Do those checks have Trump’s name on them too?

Do you have a reference for this? I thought college students were exempt as were foreign nationals.

Do you have a reference for this? I thought college students were exempt as were foreign nationals.
They made a lot of mistakes.

If you get it but not eligible (dead people, non resident), consider your self lucky.

In April 15th, 2021 (2020 tax time), if you aren't eligible but you get it, you are making more than 99k/person in 2019, you will have to pay it back.

They made a lot of mistakes.

If you get it but not eligible (dead people, non resident), consider your self lucky.

In April 15th, 2021 (2020 tax time), if you aren't eligible but you get it, you are making more than 99k/person in 2019, you will have to pay it back.

This is genius. People will get it and not realize they have to pay it back. By the time they have to pay it back they will have already voted for Trump. Checkmate.

I almost got 5k..... damn..... That may be the easiest 5k I have ever received.

I gotta say - the last 3 months have been surreal.

Don't see why this would be surprising if the stimulus payments are being received by non-eligible individuals in error, including DEAD people? Including people who don't qualify based on 2019 or 2018 AGI? Non-US citizens who qualify as resident aliens (like F-1 after a 'lockout' period) could get stimulus payments though.

People talking about it on reddit.

• Haha
I got nothing. Oh well. My techs got their checks this week....I begged them to please set it aside in savings while all this crap is still going on. Theyre all paycheck to paycheck, and other than PTO, if they get sick for an extended period of time they don't have much of a safety net. One blew hers the day she got it (TV and $$$ sunglasses), and another is blowing it on a birthday party for her teenage kid (eff social distancing, I guess). Sigh.

I got nothing. Oh well. My techs got their checks this week....I begged them to please set it aside in savings while all this crap is still going on. Theyre all paycheck to paycheck, and other than PTO, if they get sick for an extended period of time they don't have much of a safety net. One blew hers the day she got it (TV and $$$ sunglasses), and another is blowing it on a birthday party for her teenage kid (eff social distancing, I guess). Sigh.

Yeah I mean the purpose of this is to stimulate the economy, hence stimulus check. Almost everyone is going to blow it on non-essentials. If people lose their jobs, most will make collect more from unemployment + $600 stimulus than they made working.