Stipend Increase???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btizzels

San Diego ->Ft Lauderdale
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the stipend will increase in July from the current 1907 or whatever it is... ??? I have heard rumors of 2200 and 2400 a month but like i said they are rumors

Members don't see this ad.

It wouldn't surprise me if it went to 2200. The last two years it has gone up by at least 300/month. It seems like I remember the pay bump happening in July sometime.

It wouldn't surprise me if it went to 2200. The last two years it has gone up by at least 300/month. It seems like I remember the pay bump happening in July sometime.

3.9% increase this year starting with the July 15 paycheck.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.9% increase this year starting with the July 15 paycheck.

yeah i think $1980 and change would be the more accurate amount come July 15th.

There was this plan passed a few years ago increasing the stipend to $30000/year ($2500/month) but that fell through the cracks citing insufficient funds. I think the gov't should do it like BAH and adjust the stipend for higher cost of living areas.

What was the stipend last year? I thought there was a big jump from $1600 to our now, $1907.

If we get a 3% increase every year, that's awesome, even with the budget cuts and current shortcomings.

yeah i think $1980 and change would be the more accurate amount come July 15th.

There was this plan passed a few years ago increasing the stipend to $30000/year ($2500/month) but that fell through the cracks citing insufficient funds. I think the gov't should do it like BAH and adjust the stipend for higher cost of living areas.

I am pretty sure we are already getting the $1980, I noticed in my last statement that I am getting like 60 bucks extra a month so ... I assumed that was the 2.9% that the entire military got, but I was asking if someone had heard from a recruiter or someone that actually would know

I am pretty sure we are already getting the $1980, I noticed in my last statement that I am getting like 60 bucks extra a month so ... I assumed that was the 2.9% that the entire military got, but I was asking if someone had heard from a recruiter or someone that actually would know

HPSP increases occur in July. The change is probably from the stimulus.

It goes up every July. They recently changed it to 75 percent of an O-1 pay. That explains why it jumped drastically (used to be 50 percent). So if you want the exact amount look at the new 2009 pay tables and figure out what 75 percent is.

just out of a curiosity
how much do u get taxed on ur stipend???
on my benefit letter it says it's taxable so I was just wondering how much of that 1907 dollars a month you would actually get.

Last edited:
just out of a curiosity
how much do u get taxed on ur stipend???
on my benefit letter it says it's taxable so I was just wondering how much of that 1907 dollars a month you would actually get.

Depends on your state if you have additional tax taken off. From my friend's stipend, I saw he only pays around 8% federal tax and very small numbers for SS and state income (california). The net on each paycheck is around $860 for 2 weeks or $1720/month

Assuming you have no other income and are independent, you will probably get a good chunk of your taxes paid back come april tax filing time.