Stipend Increase?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Santiago12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow HPSP'ers,

There were a bunch of these posts in 2008 and 2009, but does anyone know if there is going to be a stipend increase for 2011? Is it still $1992 per month before tax? Was there any increase in 2010? If there is an increase, when would it start?

I know with the economy still sluggish, low inflation, and the government trying to pinch every penny it might seem like there won't be, but I was just curious as I am trying to calculate my finances and wanted to hear from someone much more knowledgeable than myself on the matter.

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

In 2010, the HPSP stipend was increased from $1,992 to $2,060 per month. Effective July 1, 2011, the stipend will be increased to $2,088 per month before taxes.

Hey fellow HPSP'ers,

There were a bunch of these posts in 2008 and 2009, but does anyone know if there is going to be a stipend increase for 2011? Is it still $1992 per month before tax? Was there any increase in 2010? If there is an increase, when would it start?

I know with the economy still sluggish, low inflation, and the government trying to pinch every penny it might seem like there won't be, but I was just curious as I am trying to calculate my finances and wanted to hear from someone much more knowledgeable than myself on the matter.

:luck:

Stipend increases are tied to 75% of the salary that an 0-1 makes in the military. So if an 0-1 salary goes up in January, the stipend will go up in July for HPSP.