You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Stony Brook DPT 2020-2021
Started by carey98
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ptwannabe2021
Full Member
I haven't and I applied in July!
carey98
New Member
Did you get a confirmation email that they received your application?I haven't and I applied in July!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ptwannabe2021
Full Member
Yes I got one very recentlyDid you get a confirmation email that they received your application?
Emh98pt
New Member
Did you get the offer through email?I got an interview offer yesterday
7_L10NS
Full Member
YesDid you get the offer through email?
Do you mind sharing what they ask you during the interview after your interview?I got an interview offer yesterday
DPTinprogress
Full Member
I received an email for interview as well, did you get a date already?I got an interview offer yesterday
7_L10NS
Full Member
Yes I was given this Friday and next Friday for options. I chose next Friday. What about you?I received an email for interview as well, did you get a date already?
DPTinprogress
Full Member
I didn't get a date yet, I'm waiting for the follow up email.Yes I was given this Friday and next Friday for options. I chose next Friday. What about you?
Emh98pt
New Member
Would you mind telling us your stats?I didn't get a date yet, I'm waiting for the follow up email.
DPTinprogress
Full Member
cGPA:3.3Would you mind telling us your stats?
pGPA: >3.2 I'm not really sure
Inpatient hours: 87
Outpatient: >2,000 ... volunteer and 2 years working as a PT aide
Ex-curricular: tennis for 4 years+ team captain, 3 other clubs, 2 honor societies, a few academic and sports awards
DPTinprogress
Full Member
My interview date is Dec. 4thDoes anyone know if interviews will only be given this month?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mcblondie219
Full Member
Yes I was given this Friday and next Friday for options. I chose next Friday. What about you?
I think I received the same email thought that was an interview as well and I chose the first date. That morning they sent me options for an actual interview date because that was an info session. My interview is Wednesday night-they give you like 12 options and say to pick your top 3 in order and I got my top choice time.
I think I received the same email thought that was an interview as well and I chose the first date. That morning they sent me options for an actual interview date because that was an info session. My interview is Wednesday night-they give you like 12 options and say to pick your top 3 in order and I got my top choice time.
Do you mind sharing after your interview what questions they asked?
7_L10NS
Full Member
I applied late August and heard back for interview on 11/3. Good luck!Those of you that were invited for an interview: When did you apply?
DPTinprogress
Full Member
Those of you that were invited for an interview: When did you apply?
I submitted my application Sept 9th and invite for interview 11/10
mcblondie219
Full Member
I applied September 4thThose of you that were invited for an interview: When did you apply?
Have you heard back from them since your interview? I had mine on 11/20 and trying to see when I might hear my outcome.I applied late August and heard back for interview on 11/3. Good luck!
7_L10NS
Full Member
No not yetHave you heard back from them since your interview? I had mine on 11/20 and trying to see when I might hear my outcome.
DPTinprogress
Full Member
How was your interview @7_L10NS @spicerde ? Would you guys mind sharing some questions asked?No not yet
Hey,How was your interview @7_L10NS @spicerde ? Would you guys mind sharing some questions asked?
It felt very chill from my perspective. There was a faculty member and former student asking the questions. General questions like "Why PT" and "Why stony brook"? They also asked questions/more details from your application responses.
Overall, I would say it was a great experience. They don't try to trick you but simply try to get to know you.
Emh98pt
New Member
How many people were in the meeting with you?Hey,
It felt very chill from my perspective. There was a faculty member and former student asking the questions. General questions like "Why PT" and "Why stony brook"? They also asked questions/more details from your application responses.
Overall, I would say it was a great experience. They don't try to trick you but simply try to get to know you.
DPTinprogress
Full Member
it was two professors and two intervieweesHow many people were in the meeting with you?
That’s how my interview was tooit was two professors and two interviewees
lenajoanna
New Member
Has anybody heard back from Stony Brook after the interview?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No. Still waiting. I'm hoping to hear something this week or next.Has anybody heard back from Stony Brook after the interview?
mcblondie219
Full Member
I got one last night and they offered me either campus. I turned it down as I chose a different program.Anyone get a call yet?
Just got one today, I was offered a spot on South Hampton as SB main campus was full already. Good luck!! 🙂Anyone get a call yet?
when did you interview?I got one last night and they offered me either campus. I turned it down as I chose a different program.
When did you interview? And congrats!Just got one today, I was offered a spot on South Hampton as SB main campus was full already. Good luck!! 🙂
mcblondie219
Full Member
I interviewed 11/18when did you interview?
Barka31
New Member
I got waitlisted. Is there anyway of knowing how many people are in the waitlist?Anyone get a call yet?
vwong11201
New Member
When did you get a call and which campus do you want?I got waitlisted. Is there anyway of knowing how many people are in the waitlist?
I’m on the waitlist tooI got waitlisted. Is there anyway of knowing how many people are in the waitlist?
DPTinprogress
Full Member
I was notified about waitlist via emailWhen did you get a call and which campus do you I was notify
vwong11201
New Member
Well there's at least 23 people on the waitlist for the stony brook campus. I was offered a spot on south Hampton and opted for the waitlist for main campus.I was notified about waitlist via email
DPTinprogress
Full Member
You called them?Well there's at least 23 people on the waitlist for the stony brook campus. I was offered a spot on south Hampton and opted for the waitlist for main campus.
vwong11201
New Member
No, they called me.You called them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DPTinprogress
Full Member
I got off the waitlist and will be attending. Anyone else going to the South Hampton campus?