Stony brook DPT 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jnash7

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Has anybody heard anything from Stony brook yet concerning acceptances. I know it’s still early but I want to stay on top of this

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard from them either, hopefully within the next couple weeks we hear about acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I haven't heard back from them either. They told me to expect to hear it back mid-December too.

I just got an email from them about completing the academic update, anyone else?

Ugh I’m just confused because I didn’t even have any courses in progress for the fall semester. Did you?

I haven’t gotten anything from them yet hoping that doesn’t mean I’m officially out of the running

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea it definitely doesn’t mean that don’t worry I don’t think any calls have been made.

I saw in another thread that there have been multiple people that've gotten calls saying they were accepted. It looks like Stony Brook just started calling today, though! Hoping for a call soon!! Apparently they call for acceptances into January.

I saw in another thread that there have been multiple people that've gotten calls saying they were accepted. It looks like Stony Brook just started calling today, though! Hoping for a call soon!! Apparently they call for acceptances into January.
Thanks for letting us know! And yes praying for everybody what’s the name of the other thread?

Thanks for letting us know! And yes praying for everybody what’s the name of the other thread?
The other thread is New York DPT 2019-2020 ! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I got a phone call from them saying that I was accepted! I was in the morning session, so maybe they will get back to you guys soon/ within the next couple of days. Good luck!

Hey, I got a phone call from them saying that I was accepted! I was in the morning session, so maybe they will get back to you guys soon/ within the next couple of days. Good luck!
Congrats!! And what do you mean by the morning session?

Congrats to everyone that got the call! Still waiting for anything haha

Got the call! I chose the main campus but unfortunately so did a lot of people so I'm on the waitlist for the main campus. Currently deciding if I do prefer the main campus though cause I really enjoyed the Southampton campus as well. If I do decide to change to the Southampton campus, I'll take my name off the waitlist for the main campus and hopefully someone can get it!

Got the call! I chose the main campus but unfortunately so did a lot of people so I'm on the waitlist for the main campus. Currently deciding if I do prefer the main campus though cause I really enjoyed the Southampton campus as well. If I do decide to change to the Southampton campus, I'll take my name off the waitlist for the main campus and hopefully someone can get it!

Congrats!! Did they happen to say how far along on the list they were/if they’re still making calls?

Congrats!! Did they happen to say how far along on the list they were/if they’re still making calls?

No but I did read on another thread that someone said that they will be making calls all month. Regardless, I'm sure theres still plenty of calls left to be made.

Did anyone else get a call today? I feel so defeated I haven’t heard from them, I thought my interview went really well

Did anyone else get a call today? I feel so defeated I haven’t heard from them, I thought my interview went really well
I’m in the same situation as well but keep your head up ok did you apply to other programs?

Thank you so much, you too. I only have another interview at LIU right now and I applied to a few other schools they don’t interview also. Stony Brook would’ve been my top choice if I got in though so I’m still trying to keep my hopes up

Thank you so much, you too. I only have another interview at LIU right now and I applied to a few other schools they don’t interview also. Stony Brook would’ve been my top choice if I got in though so I’m still trying to keep my hopes up

Have you had your LIU interview yet? I'm still waiting on Stony Brook as well, Im reading that the main campus is already filled meaning its either waitlist or Southhampton campus

Have you had your LIU interview yet? I'm still waiting on Stony Brook as well, Im reading that the main campus is already filled meaning its either waitlist or Southhampton campus
Not yet, I have it in early January. I know I saw that too, it’s definitely discouraging but I know in the past cycles they have gone pretty far into their waitlist so I’m hoping for that this cycle too

I had my LIU interview and got accepted, if you have any questions about that let me know. The interview format is almost exactly the same as Stony. I also interviewed at Columbia but haven't heard back yet. It's crazy how stressful waiting to hear back gets to be.

I would prefer the main campus but wouldn't it be smart to reserve a spot on Southhampton as opposed to leaving it to chance for the main one?

I had my LIU interview and got accepted, if you have any questions about that let me know. The interview format is almost exactly the same as Stony. I also interviewed at Columbia but haven't heard back yet. It's crazy how stressful waiting to hear back gets to be.

I would prefer the main campus but wouldn't it be smart to reserve a spot on Southhampton as opposed to leaving it to chance for the main one?
Congratulations that’s amazing! Thank you so much, are there any questions they asked besides some standard ones?

I would prefer the main campus as well, but I would definitely rather accept a spot at Southampton to ensure a spot than risking it on the waitlist. Good luck to you, I hope we both get in!

Congratulations that’s amazing! Thank you so much, are there any questions they asked besides some standard ones?

I would prefer the main campus as well, but I would definitely rather accept a spot at Southampton to ensure a spot than risking it on the waitlist. Good luck to you, I hope we both get in!

Thanks a lot. And I was asked the following three questions (1. Why PT, and why LIU? // 2. Name a time you had to make a tough decision between two choices, and why the decision you made was impactful to who you are today // 3. Name a period in your life where you had to persevere through a tough time or situation and how you did so)

Best of luck to you as well

Got the call today that I was accepted but currently on the waitlist for the main campus.

Has anyone been told they have been waitlisted?

Has anyone been told they have been waitlisted?
Nope, I haven't heard anything yet. I'm thinking about maybe calling and asking if I am on the waitlist (and if I am, what number am i) because I'm starting to lose hope lol

Nope, I haven't heard anything yet. I'm thinking about maybe calling and asking if I am on the waitlist (and if I am, what number am i) because I'm starting to lose hope lol
You and me both haha

I was accepted and picked the main campus but I will be declining my seat because I got accepted into my top school. Hopefully this helps someone here that is on the waitlist for the main campus. Good luck everyone!

For those who got the call and was waitlisted for the main campus, did you guys get a follow up email stating that you were on the waitlist?

I was accepted to the South Hampton campus! Did anyone else chose that campus?

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist for those who are still waiting for a call? I had received an email that they would be creating a waitlist by the end of January, but haven’t heard anything since then

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist for those who are still waiting for a call? I had received an email that they would be creating a waitlist by the end of January, but haven’t heard anything since then

They have the waitlist, I called Ann and she gave me my rank!!

For those that were accepted, were you given a deadline to submit your decision by? I’m on the waitlist and just wondering when spots may start opening up!

For those that were accepted, were you given a deadline to submit your decision by? I’m on the waitlist and just wondering when spots may start opening up!
Hey, I don't remember exactly how long they gave me for the decision but I know that it was not too long. I believe I had to respond within two weeks. Definitely no longer than a month.

Hey, I don't remember exactly how long they gave me for the decision but I know that it was not too long. I believe I had to respond within two weeks. Definitely no longer than a month.

gotcha, thank you!!

Stony Brook said that they generally get all the way through the waitlist, so there's still a lot of hope! I got offered a spot off the waitlist, but I'll be going elsewhere. I hope this helps someone out!

Stony Brook said that they generally get all the way through the waitlist, so there's still a lot of hope! I got offered a spot off the waitlist, but I'll be going elsewhere. I hope this helps someone out!
Hi,
Just curious, what number on the waitlist were you? I just found out my number a few days ago and wanted to know how far they've already gotten.