Stony brook DPT 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
Just curious, what number on the waitlist were you? I just found out my number a few days ago and wanted to know how far they've already gotten.

By the time they reached me I was number 1 at Southampton or number 1 at the Main Campus. The list is constantly rolling.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Is anyone committed to the main campus and knows if there was a group made for the incoming class?

Members don't see this ad :)
DO NOT commit stony brook DPT, I am currently a 3rd year student and i can honestly say the program does not look out for their students. They play favorites and will in addition so much staff that once made this program great has left for other schools leaving professors that are highly unqualified to teach the subjects. Be prepared to learn on your own. Good luck on your PT endeavors, its definitely a great field to be a part of.

Hi, any current Stony students would like to share their experience with the program?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, did you admit to Stony? If so, could you share ur experience?
Hey I did admit to Stony. So far my experience has been great. All the professors I have encountered are willing to help you. If have more questions, let me know

Hey I did admit to Stony. So far my experience has been great. All the professors I have encountered are willing to help you. If have more questions, let me know
Oh wow! Thanks for replying. Which campus are you in? Are there students living on campus? How many times do you have to travel from one campus to the other? Is it convenient to traveling from one campus to the other? Also, which semester was the hardest semester so far?

Last edited:
Oh wow! Thanks for replying. Which campus are you in? Are there students living on campus? How many times do you have to travel from one campus to the other? Is it convenient to traveling from one campus to the other? Also, which semester was the hardest semester so far?
I am at the Stony Brook campus and yes there are at least 2/3 students living on campus. Everyone else lives close to campus or travels from home. We have not had to travel to South Hampton yet. However, the first half of this semester SH will travel to SB for one day out of the week and after spring break SB will travel to SH for a one day. I think the summer was the most challenging so far.

I am at the Stony Brook campus and yes there are at least 2/3 students living on campus. Everyone else lives close to campus or travels from home. We have not had to travel to South Hampton yet. However, the first half of this semester SH will travel to SB for one day out of the week and after spring break SB will travel to SH for a one day. I think the summer was the most challenging so far.
Ok, got it. Thank you for the info. It's very helpful.
Summer was the most challenging semester, was it because of anatomy class? If so, would you mind sharing some tips on how to study it?
Thanks a lot!!