Stony Brook Medical School Question

Started by kingsan6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kingsan6

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I am currently a freshmen pre-med at Cornell University. I recieved a 4.2 gpa first semester, however i just bombed my first chem test here in the spring. I am feeling pretty lousy. I wanted to know, what gpa should i be aiming for to get into Stony Brook med, and is it alright if i receive a B in a science course? Thanks.

Have any of you guys recovered from a bad test grade, to get a good final grade?
 
GPA of 3.7 and and MCAT of 32 are the mean stats of students accepted to Stony Brook.

Yes, your application can survive the presence of a few Bs.