Program-Specific Info / Q's Stony Brook OT Application for 2021 Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeot2323

Reaction score
Hi all! I was looking to hear back about others who are in the application process for Stony Brook's MSOT program. I had my interview on November 1. Has anyone heard back yet or know when we will be hearing back?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I was looking to hear back about others who are in the application process for Stony Brook's MSOT program. I had my interview on November 1. Has anyone heard back yet or know when we will be hearing back?
Hey! I interviewed on September 30th and still haven’t heard back. I was told I would hear back in 2 weeks but today is exactly 2 weeks and haven’t heard anything. Good luck!

Hey! I interviewed on September 30th and still haven’t heard back. I was told I would hear back in 2 weeks but today is exactly 2 weeks and haven’t heard anything. Good luck!
Update: I was accepted to the Stony Brook campus! Received the call Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I was accepted to the Stony Brook campus! Received the call Thursday.
Hii! Congratulations! I have an interview this Friday the 11th and was wondering about any specific questions you were asked and any that may have stumped you?? Also did they ask any ethical questions? I am soooo nervous I could puke but really wanna be prepared! Thank you in advance💓

Hey! Have you heard back yet? I interviewed 12/11/20 & heard back today!

Good afternoon to all,
The past several years has been a wonderful journey of trials and tribulation and academic struggles and perseverance, whether you get accepted or choose another path in the healthcare field please do not be discouraged and continue to set goals and be the best version of yourselves as you overflow on to others and the healthcare team. Quality is always better than quantity and remember grades are just a numerical equation, and they are not always indicative of one's ability and aptitude. God bless, stay safe, and have a great new year.

Hii! Congratulations! I have an interview this Friday the 11th and was wondering about any specific questions you were asked and any that may have stumped you?? Also did they ask any ethical questions? I am soooo nervous I could puke but really wanna be prepared! Thank you in advance💓
hi! how was your interview?? Can you share your experience with the types of interview questions that you were asked during your interview? Were you asked any ethical questions or "what would you do if" questions? Thank you and all the best!

hi! how was your interview?? Can you share your experience with the types of interview questions that you were asked during your interview? Were you asked any ethical questions or "what would you do if" questions? Thank you and all the best!
Hi! I'm sorry im just seeing this, my interview went well! I will admit I have never been good at interviews so personally I thought it was hard. They didnt start out with the usual "tell us about yourself" questions, they pretty much just jumped right in. Every question they asked was atleast a 2-3 part question so that was difficult. I dont remember much but they did ask how would an OT be different then other professions on a medical team, and how have I had to overcome/change aspects in my life that were not working. I didnt get any ethical questions. The interview was only about 30 minutes, and I got a call two weeks later that I was accepted :) Im very confident in my grades so I believe thats why they weren't too hard on my interviewing abilities.