Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOUBLEDIGITSII

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you all know about Stony Brook. Are they reputable? They do not require the GRE what's up with that?

If I haven't filled out any apps and still haven't taken the general GRE, Should I even bother applying at this point?
 
I'm applying there. It is one of the top clinical programs in the country. I think they do require the GRE, in fact I'm pretty certain of it. Good luck.
 
Fantastic program. Agreed, one of the best. Good luck, folks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To answer your second questions-- honestly, probably not. It takes a good amount of time to prepare for the GREs, take them, write personal statements, request recommendations (should give at least a month's notice), and these days most deadlines are around Dec. 15th, sometimes before. You're better off taking a year to get experience and figure out where you want to be.
 
I decided not to apply this year. I do have experience (bachelor's in neuroscience, master's in biology with 2 years research on TBI-Traumatic Brain Injury. I just have too much on my plate too focus on apps. I'm not getting in younger though (27yrs).