Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Stony Brook

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by DOUBLEDIGITSII, Nov 30, 2005.

1. DOUBLEDIGITSII

DOUBLEDIGITSII Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

What do you all know about Stony Brook. Are they reputable? They do not require the GRE what's up with that?

If I haven't filled out any apps and still haven't taken the general GRE, Should I even bother applying at this point?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. joetro

joetro Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm applying there. It is one of the top clinical programs in the country. I think they do require the GRE, in fact I'm pretty certain of it. Good luck.

4. JatPenn

JatPenn Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Fantastic program. Agreed, one of the best. Good luck, folks.

5. psychanon

7+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    To answer your second questions-- honestly, probably not. It takes a good amount of time to prepare for the GREs, take them, write personal statements, request recommendations (should give at least a month's notice), and these days most deadlines are around Dec. 15th, sometimes before. You're better off taking a year to get experience and figure out where you want to be.

6. DOUBLEDIGITSII

DOUBLEDIGITSII Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I decided not to apply this year. I do have experience (bachelor's in neuroscience, master's in biology with 2 years research on TBI-Traumatic Brain Injury. I just have too much on my plate too focus on apps. I'm not getting in younger though (27yrs).