Storing dental instruments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vapor1122

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At least at NYU, I've noticed tool/tackle boxes seem to be a popular choice for storing/transporting one's instruments from individual lockers to the lab. I'm assuming it's done like this in at least a few other schools. Anyone have any recommendations on what brand/model you like? Or another way to tote things altogether?

Members don't see this ad.

At least at NYU, I've noticed tool/tackle boxes seem to be a popular choice for storing/transporting one's instruments from individual lockers to the lab. I'm assuming it's done like this in at least a few other schools. Anyone have any recommendations on what brand/model you like? Or another way to tote things altogether?

Just ask the upper classes at NYU. They will know which ones will be best for your school. I think which one to get realy will depend on what school you go to and what supplies/instuments you are given. Plus what type of space are you storing yor supplies in? I could make suggestions what a lot of use here in Houston, but I really don't think that will help you.

Again, my suggestion is to speak with someone in a class above you. If you aren't friends with someone in a class above you, ask you class president to speak with the other class presidents and get suggestions because you are probably no the only one who may be wondering this too.

I've had a hard shell tackle box and a soft toolbox thats made of cloth with a bit of structure to it and I like the cloth toolbox a lot more

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ I agree! I have this guy and it's awesome. The hard tackle box sucks and will likely break.. plus it's not very versatile.

Hup

^^ I agree! I have this guy and it's awesome. The hard tackle box sucks and will likely break.. plus it's not very versatile.

Hup

Again, I will have to say what I said before. Contact the upperclassmen at your school. They will know what works best for most people. For us, the hardshell ones work the best due to the type and amount of items we have and the storage space. Never have had a problem with the hardshell boxes breaking or the roller carts.

Like stated above, locker dimensions vary by school.

If you find the model that worked for the upperclassmen you can bulk order it from a supplier. We did this at the start of third year and it saved us all a few bucks.

Also, outgoing students would probably be willing to sell their used boxes if you're on the cheap and don't mind used...