stress interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

etsuprinthead

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had what I assume to be a stress interview for my first interview -- the interviewer was very negative -- about my responses to his questions (e.g. "What are some current topics in medicine." I proceed to talk about lame stuff on the news like stem cell research, and he says, "Well, that isn't really relevant to what you want to do, is it?") and about the school in general (he told me about how he wouldn't take his kids to some local doctor-alumni because as a professor he saw how stupid they were; when i asked how competitive the students were, he told me about a fight 7 years ago in which someone threw a coke bottle at someone else. wtf???). I've been accepted to this school, but I have a bitter taste in my mouth from this a$$hole -- it's currently my last-choice school, mostly because of this. I've been planning to let the admissions office know what a negative impression he left on me if I get in somewhere else and have the chance to turn this school down, but now I wonder if I should let them know now, even if I end up going there -- I don't want to spend 4 years being pissed about being there, but I also don't want to be known as the trouble maker...

Members don't see this ad.

I would disregard the interviewer's attitude and judge the school for its other qualities. A stressful interview doesn't necessarily mean a stressful medical school life. However, you may want to consider talking to current students there to see if they are satisfied that they are attending there. Congratulations on your acceptance!

I don't think you can really judge a school by how you felt about your interviewer. How did you like the tour (if there was one) and the other students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't let one person stop you from going to a school. There are people like him at any school.

Your goal is to get the best experience and education possible. If it is in your best interest to go to this school, dismiss the interview as irrelevant.

Hopefully it's not the school that your username might suggest...

Hopefully it's not the school that your username might suggest...
it is. mostly right now i am debating whether to let the admissions folks know they have an a$$hole interviewing -- having thought about it some more, i know it's a good school, but if i didn't go to undergrad directly across the road, i might have been way more put off about the interview.

I had what I assume to be a stress interview for my first interview -- the interviewer was very negative -- about my responses to his questions (e.g. "What are some current topics in medicine." I proceed to talk about lame stuff on the news like stem cell research, and he says, "Well, that isn't really relevant to what you want to do, is it?") and about the school in general (he told me about how he wouldn't take his kids to some local doctor-alumni because as a professor he saw how stupid they were; when i asked how competitive the students were, he told me about a fight 7 years ago in which someone threw a coke bottle at someone else. wtf???). I've been accepted to this school, but I have a bitter taste in my mouth from this a$$hole -- it's currently my last-choice school, mostly because of this. I've been planning to let the admissions office know what a negative impression he left on me if I get in somewhere else and have the chance to turn this school down, but now I wonder if I should let them know now, even if I end up going there -- I don't want to spend 4 years being pissed about being there, but I also don't want to be known as the trouble maker...

pm me the interviewers name..i think i know who you are talking about