Stress Releaser! What are your favorite foods?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We had milk with everything at my house. This included pizza (which we also ate carrots with every time). Mmm carrots...

Part of the reason that is turning me off of cooking is how dirty the kitchen gets with my roommates not putting their dirty pans away, or washing them immediately. They use them and leave them on the stove, which to me is icky...

I cleaned the kitchen today though... so maybe I could've used it, but I still didn't have anything to cook. Oh wells.

We had milk with everything, too. And let me just say that milk with a nice slice of cold leftover pizza is delicious! Not so sure about hot pizza, though ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Part of the reason that is turning me off of cooking is how dirty the kitchen gets with my roommates not putting their dirty pans away, or washing them immediately. They use them and leave them on the stove, which to me is icky...

What's worse is when they leave their unrinsed dishes in the sink for days and let it pile up. I never wanted to take their dishes out and scour the sink in order to do mine. One time, the bottom of the sink was full of soo many gross skuzzy food chunks that I started gagging. I always did my own dishes because of this. When I was finished, I would rinse them off and place them neatly by the sink until I had enough to do.

Once, after my roomates didn't let me get a full nights rest for a week, I made coffee, dumped the grinds in the trash, and rinsed the filter off in the sink. Coffee grinds got on their dishes. I went volunteering and decided to have a nap when I came back (I had gotten like 4 hours sleep the night before because of them). As soon as I laid down, my roomate comes home and decides to blare her music while cleaning the apartment. I asked her to turn it down and she SCREAMS at me for DELIBERATELY putting ALL of my coffee grinds over her precious dishes.

I wanted to punch her in the face. Instead, I packed up my stuff and left for a week.

I had asked them at the beginning of the year if they could not leave their dirty dishes in the sink... it was 2 against 1 and they b****ed at me for even suggesting such a thing. I had two other roomates, who agreed with me, but were too passive to stand up for other people or stand up for what they believe in.

I'm reallly craving Subway right now... I can't wait for lunch time to roll around.

And chocolate... I've been craving chocolate like mad for the last month.

I always have herbal tea while studying. It calms me nerves.

Yeah...thankfully I haven't had this problem in a while, although sometimes my boyfriend is incredibly careless about putting food and ickiness in the sink.

Favorite memory: Living with 3 sorority girls in KY. I was the only one with a job, so the other 3 partied. All. The. Time. We had mice and ants in the house because no one ever cleaned anything. I got used to picking ants out of my cereal in the morning. One day, I came out to the kitchen for breakfast and found that they'd left out pulled pork, buns, beer, and cigarette butts all over the counter. It was genuinely horrifying. I mean, there was food EVERYWHERE and ants on all of it and I literally just turned around and left. I think I ate granola bars after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's worse is when they leave their unrinsed dishes in the sink for days and let it pile up. I never wanted to take their dishes out and scour the sink in order to do mine. One time, the bottom of the sink was full of soo many gross skuzzy food chunks that I started gagging. I always did my own dishes because of this. When I was finished, I would rinse them off and place them neatly by the sink until I had enough to do.

I made the mistake one year of living with a friend and her boyfriend. The friend was fine. Her boyfriend was the problem. We'd take turns cooking and doing dishes. The problem was that her boyfriend was one of the laziest people I'd ever met and wouldn't do dishes. In an effort to not be his mother, she wouldn't do them either. Leaving me to either a) do everyone's dishes (for which the friend would then get mad at me, because she was trying to teach him a lesson) or b) have to wash only what I needed every single time I needed dishes.

I was very glad when the end of the school year came and I could move out. I now live very blissfully alone.

I made the mistake one year of living with a friend and her boyfriend. The friend was fine. Her boyfriend was the problem. We'd take turns cooking and doing dishes. The problem was that her boyfriend was one of the laziest people I'd ever met and wouldn't do dishes. In an effort to not be his mother, she wouldn't do them either. Leaving me to either a) do everyone's dishes (for which the friend would then get mad at me, because she was trying to teach him a lesson) or b) have to wash only what I needed every single time I needed dishes.

I had one roomate who destroyed our apartment over Christmas break. She even had the nerve to convince my friend to leave her room unlocked and she dragged my friend's mattress out into the living room and slept on it, without my friend's permission. There were dirty dishes, bottles, garbage, christmas decorations, blankets and all of her junk everywhere when we got back. When my other roomie went to clean the apartment a week later, she just took ALL of it and threw it on the girl's bed. She also put dirty dishes in her other friends room when her friend refused to help with the dishes.

And in the interest of keeping this thread non-stressy... I have homemade brown sugar barbeque pork ribs in my crock pot, cooking away until tonight. Yum!

And in the interest of keeping this thread non-stressy... I have homemade brown sugar barbeque pork ribs in my crock pot, cooking away until tonight. Yum!

Yum! :thumbup:

Evilshoe-

Have you tried Lactaid (I think that's what it's called- the lactose free milk in the refrigerated section)? It's really good... I used to drink soy but it's not the same and I think the lactaid is much better.