Stressed for no reason?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrdnshaffer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so here’s the deal. The last two years I have let my overall gpa and science gpa both fall to a 3.3. Of course it wasn’t due to a lack of care as I have worked a full time job, attempted to overload classes as I missed a semester due to a surgery, and played baseball. I am set to graduate this coming fall and am taking the DAT in July, as well as getting married in the winter. I am hoping that the committees will take everything into consideration when looking at an application. So here’s my question, am I over stressing or is there still good hope for me to get into a school?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that you are overstressing and that you should not worry about your past grades. If you do what you can to score well this upcoming semester, score well on the DAT, have a good personal statement, enough shadowing hours, and excellent letters of recommendation, you should be fine.

I would recommend letting your significant other know that this upcoming semester before the wedding is going to be important to your chances of being accepted. While you should participate in the wedding planning, you should try to keep your focus on school if dentistry is your dream profession.

Good luck and congratulations!