stressed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emmie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to reduce stress?? I couldn't sleep last night thinking I'm gonna flunk out. Right now I'm watching an ultimate chick flick, trying to forget about the whole dental school thing and it doesn't work...obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this.:scared: Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the best way to reduce stress?? I couldn't sleep last night thinking I'm gonna flunk out. Right now I'm watching an ultimate chick flick, trying to forget about the whole dental school thing and it doesn't work...obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this.:scared: Any suggestions?
Assume the worst and you'll see it's not that big of a deal if it happens!
So what if you flunk out?
Many people do every year.
Worst case scenario you retake the exam and make up for it.
One exam doesn't and shouldn't determine your entire fate.

Assume the worst and you'll see it's not that big of a deal if it happens!
So what if you flunk out?
Many people do every year.
Worst case scenario you retake the exam and make up for it.
One exam doesn't and shouldn't determine your entire fate.

the problem is...it's not my first time taking the **** thing!

thank you for your message but retake it AGAIN after Aug isn't something I have in mind.

the problem is...it's not my first time taking the **** thing!

thank you for your message but retake it AGAIN after Aug isn't something I have in mind.
Not everything you have in mind will happen!
So, just relax. You've put in the time and the effort, and hard work always pays off!
Besides, being stressed out isn't unusual. It would be odd if you weren't stressed out. Pretty much anyone who has ever taken the DAT has gone through this and you're no exception.
Do you mind if I ask how many times you've taken the DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)

What chick flick? That may be the problem. Might I suggest a very hot Kate Beckinsale kicking werewolf ass in Underworld?

What chick flick? That may be the problem. Might I suggest a very hot Kate Beckinsale kicking werewolf ass in Underworld?
Either that or a good comedy with a big fat bucket of ice-cream in your lap!

Emmie, I was super stressed out 3 days before my exam that I was seriously considering rescheduling my DAT (again). I was supposed to take it May 29th and I pushed it back to july 15. And then I pushed it to July 18th in early July (because my exam was supposed to be at 9 but I'm not a morning person). What I'm trying to say is that even though I rescheduled a couple of times I was still uneasy. But the idea of taking the test and having it over with was really appealing. And after a while there is only so much you can study. You'll never be fully ready because you can't know what will be on it. Nerves are normal, and beneficial to keep you on your toes :)

thank you guys.

i'm just wondering... if i know every questions on destroyer, is it likely (really high chance) that i'll have 19s for science general speaking? cause that's all i'm shooting for. i didn't have destroyer before so not sure how effective it is.

thank you guys.

i'm just wondering... if i know every questions on destroyer, is it likely (really high chance) that i'll have 19s for science general speaking? cause that's all i'm shooting for. i didn't have destroyer before so not sure how effective it is.

if by "knowing" every question on destroyer you mean you've done the questions more than once, and you've made sure you understand why you're getting certain ones wrong, then you should be ok. as for the stress, it might help to go get some exercise - it'll boost your mood and get your circulation going. i know i needed it sitting at my desk all day long.