Strokes in FA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a section in FA that deals with strokes. There is only a passing mention of strokes in the blood supply section, but nothing else. However, there's a few sections devoted to it in USMLE RoadMap. I realize that FA is in no ways comprehensive, but this seems kind of weird. Does this mean we don't have to be able to differentiate different types of strokes (i.e. in terms of location or type)?

I doubt it, but just thought I'd check :)

Members don't see this ad.

I can't seem to find a section in FA that deals with strokes. There is only a passing mention of strokes in the blood supply section, but nothing else. However, there's a few sections devoted to it in USMLE RoadMap. I realize that FA is in no ways comprehensive, but this seems kind of weird. Does this mean we don't have to be able to differentiate different types of strokes (i.e. in terms of location or type)?

I doubt it, but just thought I'd check :)

I think you kind of already know the answer. Arguably, FA is lacking in many areas, IMHO, neuro is one of the biggest. There's nothing about brainstem lesions , ie Wallenburg sundrome, etc. in there either, but I certainly plan to study both. Someone specifically mentioned brain stem cross sections on a recent test.