Strong Non-Invasive programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs2006

student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been looking at cardiology fellowship programs and was wondering if anyone knows which programs have a good non-invasive focus with minimal to no invasive stuff? Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I have been looking at cardiology fellowship programs and was wondering if anyone knows which programs have a good non-invasive focus with minimal to no invasive stuff? Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Zero.

Agree with above. All cardiology fellowships require you to rotate through the cath lab, which is definitely not noninvasive. Plus I think you learn TEE everywhere, which is also not noninvasive. If you want something like cardiology but totally noninvasive, would suggest endocrine fellowship with lipid biology focus, or a HTN fellowship (nonaccredited, but Cleveland Clinic and some others have one), or something similar. If you don't want to be an interventional cardiologist, you'd probably still benefit from all you'd learn in the cath lab, etc. during a normal cardiology fellowship.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are minimum COCATS requirements for general cardiology fellowship which include 3-4 months of cath lab training (don't have time to look it up). Every program will require at least the minimum.

Agree with above. All cardiology fellowships require you to rotate through the cath lab, which is definitely not noninvasive. Plus I think you learn TEE everywhere, which is also not noninvasive. If you want something like cardiology but totally noninvasive, would suggest endocrine fellowship with lipid biology focus, or a HTN fellowship (nonaccredited, but Cleveland Clinic and some others have one), or something similar. If you don't want to be an interventional cardiologist, you'd probably still benefit from all you'd learn in the cath lab, etc. during a normal cardiology fellowship.

Many accredited Nephrology fellowships are actually "Nephrology and Hypertension" fellowships. Such as:
http://www.bethisraelgme.org/NephrologyAndHypertensionFellowship.asp
or
http://www.henryford.com/body.cfm?id=44841