Struggling in OT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulOTGirl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What usually happens if someone fails a class in OT school? Does it typically get them kicked out or add an extra year to the program? Is anyone else on here having an extremely difficult time in OT grad school?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on the policy of the program you're in. In my program, if you get a D+ or below at any point in the program, you're out. And if you get a C or C- you're on probation the following semester. If you get another C or below that following semester, you're out.

I'm struggling too, so don't worry; you're not alone. I've had to adopt the mentality that I just have to do whatever it takes to pass...I've given up on trying to be an A student. And honestly, you don't have to be all that concerned with grades anymore once you're in an OT program. Again, just do what you have to do to pass. You can do it; you wouldn't have gotten in otherwise!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got dismissal for a 79 so..does anybody know if you can try another school? All my other grades were good was down to one year. This is depressing!

Wow...dismissed for one C? Were there other circumstances involved? Or does your program just have a strict policy?