• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

caveman721

7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
  1. Pre-Medical
    A duck has a mass of 2.5 kg. As the duck paddles, a force of 0.10 N acts on it in a direction due east. In addition, the current of the water exerts a force of .20 N in a direction of 52 degrees south of east. When these forces begin to act, the velocity of the duck is .11 m/s in a direction due east. Find the magnitude and direction (relative to due east) of the displacement that duck undergoes in 3.0 s while the forces are acting.

Please show me the process to get to the answer.

ModernAlchemist

Transform and Transcend
    10+ Year Member
    Jan 20, 2008
    Limbo
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      A duck has a mass of 2.5 kg. As the duck paddles, a force of 0.10 N acts on it in a direction due east. In addition, the current of the water exerts a force of .20 N in a direction of 52 degrees south of east. When these forces begin to act, the velocity of the duck is .11 m/s in a direction due east. Find the magnitude and direction (relative to due east) of the displacement that duck undergoes in 3.0 s while the forces are acting.

Sorry for circumventing your question, but where are you getting these? They don't seem like any realistic MCAT questions I've seen.

ilovemcat

Removed
      Apr 16, 2010
      1. Pre-Medical

These questions you're asking aren't really that difficult if you attempted to learn the material. It seems like you're just trying to get someone to do your homework. Perhaps you should at least explain what you know or how you tried to solve it so that someone else could better assist you.

caveman721

7+ Year Member
        Mar 1, 2010
        1. Pre-Medical
          These questions you're asking aren't really that difficult if you attempted to learn the material. It seems like you're just trying to get someone to do your homework. Perhaps you should at least explain what you know or how you tried to solve it so that someone else could better assist you.

Oh not at all this is an old problem from my physics books from undergrad. I am going back to basics. I am reviewing, and I am doing something wrong with this one.

About the Ads
          Status
          Not open for further replies.