Student Applying for the Fall 2015 Term- Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

udelly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!
I am going into my senior year as a Comm Disorders/ Spanish Double Major at the Univ. of Delaware. Audiology is not very big at my school and my adviser is a philosophy major so she is really no help at all and with the graduate school application process right around the corner I am looking for advice elsewhere. I am mainly looking on advice where to apply given my profile. I am also paying for school myself and would initially like to stay close to home which on the east coast. I have a 3.368 GPA, haven't taken the GRE yet but am a bad standardized test taker, am heavily involved by doing research and volunteering. I am not worried about applying to a big name school, I just want to go to a school with a good faculty, reasonable priced, and where I will be comfortable. So any advice.....

Members don't see this ad.

Are you trying to get into graduate school? You'll likely need the GRE if you plan on doing so.

Here is the link to ASHA's list of schools http://www.asha.org/edfind/. It has a lot of useful information- like the stats of previous applicant pools that they have had as well as test scores, GPA, etc. I would try to compare your stats with those as well as look at how many applicants the schools get.
Good luck!