stressed about applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niqueen

Reaction score
I am a senior in a CSD program and I am getting really stressed about applying. I have a 305 GRE, and my GPA is a 4.947. My letters of recs should be good, i should be able to write a good personal statement, and I have a decent leadership and some involvement. I am applying to 7 different programs. I am just finding myself very stressed. I am worried by GRE score is too low and I'm worried I won't get accepted into any of the programs I am interested in. I am applying to Ohio State, Ohio University, University of Cincinnati, Purdue, Auburn, Syracuse, and University of Tennessee. Can anyone in any of those programs tell me if my scores are okay, and if I am a competitive applicant? Or just some good thoughts. I am sending good thoughts to anyone else applying because I know how much it is. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a senior in a CSD program and I am getting really stressed about applying. I have a 305 GRE, and my GPA is a 4.947. My letters of recs should be good, i should be able to write a good personal statement, and I have a decent leadership and some involvement. I am applying to 7 different programs. I am just finding myself very stressed. I am worried by GRE score is too low and I'm worried I won't get accepted into any of the programs I am interested in. I am applying to Ohio State, Ohio University, University of Cincinnati, Purdue, Auburn, Syracuse, and University of Tennessee. Can anyone in any of those programs tell me if my scores are okay, and if I am a competitive applicant? Or just some good thoughts. I am sending good thoughts to anyone else applying because I know how much it is. Thanks!

Hi niqueen! So, I’m curious what the break up is for your GRE score. 150 in quant and 155 in verbal? I think grad schools look at either/or more closely than the number as a whole. Some schools in our program (SLP or AuD) look at Quant more closely, but I could be wrong. Either way I think you’re competitive, I wouldn’t want to be the person applying with you, you’d totally kill my scores I’m sure of it. ;)

Don’t stress so much. I know easier said than done but all you can do is apply and wait. Waiting is the worst of it but you’ve already done all the hard work and it’ll pay off, no doubt.

I don’t have any personal experience with those schools but I have heard Ohio is hard to get into if you’re not from Ohio.

Best of luck!

I can tell you honestly those are all good programs. I have supervised students from all the Ohio programs, Auburn, Syracuse, and Tenn.. I never had a bad student from any of those programs! Best of luck to you!

I have similar stats and I'm applying to Ohio State, Ohio U, Cincinnati, Purdue, and University of Tennessee too! Good luck, I can't wait for us to hear back!! I know it's totally nerve wracking, I'm so stressed I've started sleep walking, but it'll all be okay!