Student Debt After PT School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HopefulDPT16

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If this question has been asked before I apologize. Anyways, I just accepted a seat at an in-state school for the Fall semester. If I’m not mistaken, I believe it is around $17,000 per year. So I realize that life after PT school will be filled with student debt, unless I receive some type of scholarship or GA position to help pay some of it off. I figured I would ask you guys if you have any insight on student debt. Are there any clinics that offer a contract to help pay off your student debt? If so, how long do contracts usually last, what percentage will they pay, etc… I talked with the Physical Therapist that I have shadowed for the past two years, and they thought there were a few clinics that would, but they graduated 25+ years ago. So they didn’t mind paying their college off when it was a Bachelors degree. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
 
Look into public service forgiveness loan repayment, not familiar with employer loan assistance yet
 
If this question has been asked before I apologize. Anyways, I just accepted a seat at an in-state school for the Fall semester. If I’m not mistaken, I believe it is around $17,000 per year. So I realize that life after PT school will be filled with student debt, unless I receive some type of scholarship or GA position to help pay some of it off. I figured I would ask you guys if you have any insight on student debt. Are there any clinics that offer a contract to help pay off your student debt? If so, how long do contracts usually last, what percentage will they pay, etc… I talked with the Physical Therapist that I have shadowed for the past two years, and they thought there were a few clinics that would, but they graduated 25+ years ago. So they didn’t mind paying their college off when it was a Bachelors degree. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know much but my employer does tuition reimbursement. HOWEVER it is not much at all like in the low thousands, 4k I believe. However, you can use your signing bonus to get a good chunk off your loan (my company gives signing bonuses).
 
Thank you guys! I know it's strange to ask before I begin school, but I want as many options as possible to help pay these loans back. I will check into Public service forgiveness and signing bonuses.