Student Health Insurance...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousPharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of where you can get some cheap health and dental insurance with low monthly premiums??? I never see the doctor and dont plan on to the next two years. Right now I'm getting ripped off at my school for insurance by paying a premium of around $950 for health and $150 for dental insurance each quarter, and my school has 3 quarters. Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, that's expensive. My university's health insurance has a semester health insurance fee of $378. The insurance though is an in house HMO.

Be VERY careful with student insurances. I attended UIC in chicago COP and used thier in-house HMO even though I lived off campus. One day I had to go to the ER (later diagnosed with UC...yippie me!) and was hospitalized (I lived about 50 miles one way from chicago) and called and was pre-authorized for the visit. Ended up staying 5 days in the hospital (thank you c. diff infection) in a private room and was billed about 17k dollars for the visit. I thought they would pick it up being authorized and all....well NOPE..

Wasn't considered and emergency under the guidelines of the HMO policy and somehow I should have driven down to UIC hospital while febrile and tachycardic and in considerable pain. Long story short, I fought and won but buyer beware.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard the horror stories too. I did not say the policy was the best, but it is rather cheap. If you live near UIC, it is good, but if you don't, it can be very problematic.

I pay $650 for a full year (August-July). It covers anything over a $250 deductible per claim. So basically, it just covers me if I get badly f'd up.

Excellent International Student Health Insurance

You can get multiple quotes for student health Insurance from website below. You can compare multiple plans and save tons of money as compare to other plans.

It meets or exceeds the requirements set by requirements of state, INS, NAFSA and widely accepted by US universities.

It is for international student studying in USA or US citizens studying abroad.

For young student up to 24 year old, it cost as low as $39 / Month.

Click below to get Quotes:

http://www.buyamericaninsurance.com/?affiliateid=jindal

AM Best Rating - A++ Superior:luck: