MedApp2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2002
Visit site
Status
Does anyone know if there is student hosting at Pitt? The interivew invite letter says to see the website for information about a bunch of things, one of them being student hosting, but i don't see anything about it on the web site.

i would love to save the hotel money :)

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
Attending Physician
The MD/PhD applicants get student hosting, it says so in the MD/PhD invites. From what I understand it is the default for us, because our invite said "If you do not want to stay with a student, please let us know as soon as possible." I also e-mailed them to make sure that we could stay with the student the night before the interview as well, and that was fine.

As for MD people, I have no idea. Their # is (412) 648-9891 if anyone wants to find out.

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The person I talked to when I scheduled my interview said to check the website or call around the end of August to find out about the student hosting. I haven't done so yet.

CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2002
New York, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My buddy just started his firt year at Pitt and he is only MD. He said he put his house in for prospective students to stay at so they def have housing options, it might just not be updated.

reesie0726

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2001
arlington, tx
Visit site
Status
There is definitely student hosting options at pitt. I am a first year at pitt and they just took our info from us a week or so ago. So soon they will put it on the website and then you can email someone to stay with them.