Student hosting at Pitt?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MedApp2003, Aug 31, 2002.

1. MedApp2003

MedApp2003 Senior Member

Does anyone know if there is student hosting at Pitt? The interivew invite letter says to see the website for information about a bunch of things, one of them being student hosting, but i don't see anything about it on the web site.

i would love to save the hotel money :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

yeah agreed can anyone speak to this? hmm ...

4. ghmp

ghmp New Member

yes, i would also like to know.

5. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor

Attending Physician
    The MD/PhD applicants get student hosting, it says so in the MD/PhD invites. From what I understand it is the default for us, because our invite said "If you do not want to stay with a student, please let us know as soon as possible." I also e-mailed them to make sure that we could stay with the student the night before the interview as well, and that was fine.

As for MD people, I have no idea. Their # is (412) 648-9891 if anyone wants to find out.

6. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist

Resident [Any Field]
    The person I talked to when I scheduled my interview said to check the website or call around the end of August to find out about the student hosting. I haven't done so yet.

7. CRAZYTERP

Resident [Any Field]
    My buddy just started his firt year at Pitt and he is only MD. He said he put his house in for prospective students to stay at so they def have housing options, it might just not be updated.

8. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member

There is definitely student hosting options at pitt. I am a first year at pitt and they just took our info from us a week or so ago. So soon they will put it on the website and then you can email someone to stay with them.